ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

1.8 Civic EX
Woo! Just got my dispatched email from gameplay! 1-3 working days.

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been dispatched by our team in Basingstoke.

Thank you very much for ordering from us here at gameplay, you should receive your package in 1 - 3 Working Days.

This dispatch contains the following:

Qty Description
1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (with Exclusive Preorder Bonus & FREE Upgraded Courier De

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This is freeking wednesday! Surely it'll be there before tuesday at this rate!

Bumder With A Buffer
They wont deliver them before the 10th though??? Well Maybe Monday???

Infinity Ward have said that anyone selling them will be fined big time??? :S

a burnt one
How will IW find out if someone is sending copies out early?

"Hello, is that IW customer services?....yes, i got my copy 3 days early and i'm in a mad rage"

Bumder With A Buffer
^^^Round here I had no trouble getting FIFA10 a day after release day. Had 4 copies in my local ASDA...Ipswich one which is bigger had sold out though

Bumder With A Buffer
How will IW find out if someone is sending copies out early?

"Hello, is that IW customer services?....yes, i got my copy 3 days early and i'm in a mad rage"

By 10000 people logging onto there servers to play multiplayer I would imagine ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols yeah I think they might cotton on a bit!

I knwo people in game said they ended up with fifa up to 5days early.

GAME are sending the games to the couriers all this week, PF are holding the parcels till Monday/Tuesday.

I would imagine the crates/boxes/pallets will be plastered with "DO NOT DELIVER BEFORE 10th" the same way as some Supermarkets deliveries will be.

PF will be paid to hold these packages on a daily rate charge, so they WILL hold them until told to despatch, otherwise they won't get paid.

GAME's and ShopTo's twitter pages confirm that NO orders will be delivered this week due to IW's requests.

Last year I got WaW 2 days early from GAME, but I'm not expecting a repeat this year.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I think it was actually Royal Mail who got a kick up the arse for delivering copies of Forza 3 early - the irony being they were being shipped out to prevent delays because of the Royal Mail strike.

Now Parcel Force have been issued a warning.

Bumder With A Buffer
GAME are sending the games to the couriers all this week, PF are holding the parcels till Monday/Tuesday.

I would imagine the crates/boxes/pallets will be plastered with "DO NOT DELIVER BEFORE 10th" the same way as some Supermarkets deliveries will be.

PF will be paid to hold these packages on a daily rate charge, so they WILL hold them until told to despatch, otherwise they won't get paid.

GAME's and ShopTo's twitter pages confirm that NO orders will be delivered this week due to IW's requests.

Last year I got WaW 2 days early from GAME, but I'm not expecting a repeat this year.

Indeed..

#MW2 : We have agreed with Uk Mail to collect Sunday and Monday morning so they have plenty of time , if all ok will be Tuesday AM delivery

Revels Mum & Sister
I got all excited then :( Thinking we would get them early.

I have been playing offline with a dodgy copy on the banned bedroom xbox I got from Fleabay. I am working through the single player.

All I can say is the game is amazing. I am loving. Cannot put it down. Although at times it is mayhem and you have no idea where enemy fire is coming from LOL

At the beginning it asks if you want to skip a level. The level I think is the airport one. I will not spoil it but it is pretty wrong LOL

Motorbikes
How gay is it you get it early???

If someone else is allowed to get a pre-order before I get my pre-order then I wouldnt be happy tbh.

/jealousy ;)

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Has anyone pre ordered the Hardened Edition that comes with a code for COD1 and other bits and bobs?

1.8 Civic EX
Has anyone pre ordered the Hardened Edition that comes with a code for COD1 and other bits and bobs?

nope waste of money...

From what I can see the Hardened Edition in general seems to cost approx £20-£25 more that the standard edition because it comes with COD1.

I've heard that once MW2 is released COD1 will become available to buy/download via the Marketplace for £10

Also, as we all know, old games are always better left as a memory rather than going back to play them again....

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I did own you on chinatown a few times! You kept walking into my line of sight.

I was poor tho, reactions just weren't up to the task :(

I got all excited then :( Thinking we would get them early.

I have been playing offline with a dodgy copy on the banned bedroom xbox I got from Fleabay. I am working through the single player.

All I can say is the game is amazing. I am loving. Cannot put it down. Although at times it is mayhem and you have no idea where enemy fire is coming from LOL

At the beginning it asks if you want to skip a level. The level I think is the airport one. I will not spoil it but it is pretty wrong LOL

Yeah. The next MMS you send me = you getting infractions

:dapprove:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You really need to get one, my PS3 had been largely redundant since i got one.
I prefer cod on the ps3 mate, controller has always felt better same with pes 09/10

I had a sexbox and want again! Project gotham rocked my world!

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
I prefer cod on the ps3 mate, controller has always felt better same with pes 09/10

I had a sexbox and want again! Project gotham rocked my world!
The PS3 gets used for Uncharted, thought i'd be on it 24/7 for Pro Evo but.... it's rubbish.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Rasclart you jammy b*****d.

I'm assuming the first level is the one where you kill civilians. I saw some stuff on the net where people had slated it.

I'm bloody excited. Hurry up GAME.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
So it picks up directly after the first one?

Might have to finish it again, i've completely forgot what happens.

Revels Mum & Sister
Rasclart you jammy b*****d.

I'm assuming the first level is the one where you kill civilians. I saw some stuff on the net where people had slated it.

I'm bloody excited. Hurry up GAME.

It isnt the first level. But not far in.

You basically massacre an entire Airport. People trying to crawl away and all sorts.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yup. That's the level that caused controversy. I mentioned it a few pages back. No idea at all why they've included a level where you are the terrorist. Fair enough it adds to the game, but it's just going to cause complaints by the truck load.

Revels Mum & Sister
It sets up the story mate. You are undercover with Makarov and have to do this for the greater good. However he then double crosses you, so basically the Russians think the Amercians did this and it starts what is WW3 across the world.

Revels Mum & Sister
Yup. That's the level that caused controversy. I mentioned it a few pages back. No idea at all why they've included a level where you are the terrorist. Fair enough it adds to the game, but it's just going to cause complaints by the truck load.

You could argue ANY game where the purpouse is to run around and bust people in the head with firearms is pretty bad. Just because the enemy are seen as baddies!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Also have you got to the "space" level yet Rasclart, i saw a new advert on TV last night i'd not seen yet and it looked like you were on a space station or something that exploded.

Also do you get to use an SA80 or the like...although it maybe just for multiplayer.

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister
Breeching is cool. Lay the charge then it goes all slow mo. LOADS of different weapons to pick up along the way as well.

My only criticism is the random nature of it sometimes. Some parts are not hard but frustrating as really you have no idea what you are meant to be doing.

It is also really weird seeing America destroyed. Like Suburbs and the Whitehouse.