ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Indeed, I really struggled with it and that's only on regular. God knows what Vet will be like.

Not got the hang of what a good gun is yet either :(

i did it on hardened i just found it very boring that bit i really didnt like the bit thats all flat with loads of blokes running about

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It was pretty hard!

I noticed it says at the bottom of the screen that care packages don't count towards kill streak.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed, I really struggled with it and that's only on regular. God knows what Vet will be like.

The trick is, is to let the game catch up with you. As it saves your progress quite frequently, take out a few guys then wait a few secs. It saves the game and then appears to update the bad guys spawning points. By that, guys simply don't appear behind you from the place you've just left.

Initially I was just going in gung-ho and I was getting nowhere. Enemies appearing from all directions and making it seemingly impossible to progress through the level.

D.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
good advice dazza! i tryed spec ops last night with gedi omg i failed so hard on hardened although it was the favela's and i hated that level with a passion

E90
There is no 7.62mm M16. The M16 is the name the US Army gave it. The rifle was an AR-15, the AR-15 was developed BASED on the AR-10. The AR-10 was never used in the US Military and was not an M16.

There are plenty licensed of 7.62mm versions of the AR-15, but they are not M16's and have never seen service. The M14 was 7.62.

I don't know the fecking names theres lots, what I meant was its the basic, M16 style and shape, if you know what i mean, Don;t confuse things with m4, stoner, etc etc etc lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR-47

E90
If you showed em to a non gun geek, they would say M16 though, The carbine version which became the M4 was basically the same gun, shorter barrel.

Half the new SA-80 is Hechler and Koch, its still an SA 80 though

BMW E92/Audi S3
I didn't know that. I just know that the older SA80's are much nicer to hold than the new one :dapprove: I love how light they are too.
A1 ftfw.
They should of added it to MW2

E90
I wanted this one in there :(:(

FN%20FAL%20SLR%203.jpg

Revels Mum & Sister
Old man used to have one of they! Right up until the Hungerford massacre stopped owndership of such weapons.

Incredibly heavy and next to useless on full auto he said. Never fired one of them. Had a go with one of the first SA80's on Work experience. Shot numerous M4 variants when in the states staying with my uncle.

Over here a mixture of bolts actions. But mainly Pistol until again they were banned. Looking to get back into shooting again and try gallery rifle and long barrel pistol. The idea of practical shotgun comps interests me as well.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
is that an SLR... This isn't the falklands haha.

Or is it the G3 I think the fal's the new replacment for that isn't it ?

Also do we / NATO use anything that fires 7.62 I thought they changed everything to 5.56 so it's easier to share etc. Or are some of the LSW's 7.62.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The weapon in the game is a M16 though.....So It cannot be 7.62 is what I meant. Also there is still no 7.62 M16 ;)

5.56mm was 'popular' in Vietnam as it caused more internal injuries, by fragmenting and deflecting off and through internal organs.

The train of thought went that an injured Viet Cong was more of a drain on their time and resources in terms of medical treatment, than a dead Viet Cong.

D.

Revels Mum & Sister
is that an SLR... This isn't the falklands haha.

Or is it the G3 I think the fal's the new replacment for that isn't it ?

Also do we / NATO use anything that fires 7.62 I thought they changed everything to 5.56 so it's easier to share etc. Or are some of the LSW's 7.62.

I assume they still use the GPMG which is 7.62mm. I think there is a Accuracy International rifle as well chambered for it they use.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Hahaha + 1. But it's in the name of COD which is awesome so it's semi acceptable. What console you play gally, I'm in the Market for 1 again, ps3 for the gadgets, free wireless and psn but then there's lots of cool peeps got xbox360's. Decisions, decisions.

Revels Mum & Sister
5.56mm was 'popular' in Vietnam as it caused more internal injuries, by fragmenting and deflecting off and through internal organs.

The train of thought went that an injured Viet Cong was more of a drain on their time and resources in terms of medical treatment, than a dead Viet Cong.

D.

That is kind of true, the real reason it was shown to have more stopping power was due to the initital batch sent there for testing in combat. The standard rifling was 14 in 1, but these had 18 in 1 which caused the bullet to wobble in flight and tumble when it hit, basically ripping someone apart. This was down to Colts poor tooling at the time.

But generally the 5.56 will not pass through the person it hits like a 7.62 would probably do unless it hit something solid.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hahaha + 1. But it's in the name of COD which is awesome so it's semi acceptable. What console you play gally, I'm in the Market for 1 again, ps3 for the gadgets, free wireless and psn but then there's lots of cool peeps got xbox360's. Decisions, decisions.
I'm ps3 mate, blue ray player is good aswell and storing songs ect.. is pretty simple but I would have both, the 360 has some cracking games and some folks like the pad better for MW2.

PGR3/4 and Forza3 are xbox games aswell.

how is the psn a plus point its always falling over and is crap :)

Revels Mum & Sister
lol. i just find it funny the level of detail you know about all these guns.

and the ps3 is better. we've been over this.

That would be because I have grown up around a family who have ALWAYS shot and myself have always shot. I have a interest in shooting. That would be why.

Just like I am sure you are knowledgeable about whatever your hobby is!

Are you one of these idiots that feels anyone who shoots or owns a firearm or knows about them is instantly a nutter?

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've owned both before I had problems with my xbox360 and absolutely none with ps3, and psn is free with inbuilt wireless so in theory is 90quid cheaper. Was edging toward ps3 cos the slimlines are going for 200 quid and currys are price matching plus -5%. Ends today so will go tonight. Will add ya when I've got it sorted cos I need this in my life. Lol loved mw4.

E87 118d M Sport
no. it was a comment. as everytime someone has written about guns, youve spooled off a load of technical knowledge. much like a "my c0ck is bigger" conversation. hence why i wrote it. i havent judged you, or commented on your knowledge or disagreed with you.

i shoot in the gloucestershire and yorkshire leagues for air pistol and target rifle weekly, also shoot .22 on a regular basis (not comp) also own my own weapons. so no, im not one of 'those idiots'.

It's not a my c**k is bigger at all. He just knows about guns.

No need to get so defensive.

FYI my c**k is massive. And orange, which on CS, is the most important thing.

Revels Mum & Sister
no. it was a comment. as everytime someone has written about guns, youve spooled off a load of technical knowledge. much like a "my c0ck is bigger" conversation. hence why i wrote it. i havent judged you, or commented on your knowledge or disagreed with you.

i shoot in the gloucestershire and yorkshire leagues for air pistol and target rifle weekly, also shoot .22 on a regular basis (not comp) also own my own weapons. so no, im not one of 'those idiots'.

Then clearly you know why I know about particular firearms. I could not tell you s**t about Air rifle or pistol as I never really got into it...

Nothing to do with my c**k is bigger. How is stating knowledge and fact saying my c**k is bigger? I am not saying I have all of the MW2 weapons under my bed blah blah. Simply having a discussion about the weapons with several people in here.

It's hard on Vet.

Completed it on Vet, but nearly through the controller at the TV a couple of times.

Just need 7 more acheivements (which are all Spec-Ops star related ones) to get the 1000G :rolleyes:

Then crack on with online, at about 45 now.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Got the funds ps3 will be bought tonight, sort out Internet then I will be ready to kick some ass. Excited isn't the word. Lol

Fiesta ST-2
This is getting easy online now learning the maps quite well. Anyone been on the 2nd floor of the map where your on a building and you have to smash the windows to get out? You jump onto the yellow crane and follow it back to the building. Great place to snipe with silencer.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's hard on Vet.

Completed it on Vet, but nearly through the controller at the TV a couple of times.

Just need 7 more acheivements (which are all Spec-Ops star related ones) to get the 1000G :rolleyes:

Then crack on with online, at about 45 now.

The Suspension level is brilliant, imo - though a little daft I must say with the helicopter gunship. When all three RPG rounds missed it (do those get more inaccurate on Veteran, btw?) I switched to the SCAR. Alternating between cover and firing, I brought down the chopper in just over three clips' worth.

Hmmm. A hard-ass military-grade helo being nailed by approximately 100 rounds from an assault rifle? I don't think so - unless you get some extraordinary lucky shots!

D.

Motorbikes
This is getting easy online now learning the maps quite well. Anyone been on the 2nd floor of the map where your on a building and you have to smash the windows to get out? You jump onto the yellow crane and follow it back to the building. Great place to snipe with silencer.

Been up there a few times, but after uyou go up once people look out for you and you generally get shot in the face going up the crane :(