ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] COD:MW2 Official thread - Contains spoilers

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i've never used acog I don't even want to do the challenges on it.

It's not too bad, only need 20 kills with it iirc. I'm having trouble doing the FMJ challange, penetration kills are rare tbh!

Red dot with hearbeat is my current set up on the Famas (Bling perk). Together with stopping power and steady aim, 1 burst is all you need to take down the enemy!

My Equipment is Semtex and its got me many kills!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Semtex has got me f**k all so far tbh.

I think i'll need to give my famas another blast tonight.

I was using the Scar for ages and pretty much unlocked everything, but really finding the Fama a lot easier and more accurate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I had a shot of that m4a or whatever it's called the other night after using my Scar for ages. The bullets are all over the place! Can really feel a difference.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, the Scar does spray!! Tried a sniper rifle yesterday... conclusion.. I can't sniper for f**k!
I'll second this! That spiezels kant is a sniping king.

Even on the sniping maps I still run about with a scar!

Yep, me too! I dod somr running.. a bit of camping (sorry!) and more running!

Semtex is great when someone gets a care package on a bigger map, you see a whole bunch of people try and get it so you just chuck it in the mix lol!

Another thing I am finding is that a lot of people get a care package and then hide and keep sniping the people trying to steal it! I found this to be an advantage on certain maps! If you know where the sniper is, position yourself out of his sight and when people try to get his package.. keep killing them before the sniper. Sniper then thinks everyone is dead and goes to get package.. kill said person and steal package lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Red dot with hearbeat is my current set up on the Famas (Bling perk). Together with stopping power and steady aim, 1 burst is all you need to take down the enemy!

My Equipment is Semtex and its got me many kills!

^^^ - sums up for me why I simply find MW2 shat online.

So you've got a FAMAS (3-short burst, iirc?) that is made more accurate with the red dot. Not enough? Ok, we'll add a heart-beat monitor so you know who's coming around the corner. Still not enough? Then we'll add steady aim to make the already more accurate aim, even better. And just for good measure, how's about an increase in stopping power?

Whatever happened to the good 'ol days of FPSs where you dropped an enemy with a bit of skill and then picked up his standard issue AK-47? ;)

D.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

So you've got a FAMAS (3-short burst, iirc?) that is made more accurate with the red dot. Not enough? Ok, we'll add a heart-beat monitor so you know who's coming around the corner. Still not enough? Then we'll add steady aim to make the already more accurate aim, even better. And just for good measure, how's about an increase in stopping power?

Whatever happened to the good 'ol days of FPSs where you dropped an enemy with a bit of skill and then picked up his standard issue AK-47? ;)

D.
Goldeneye iirc. ;)

Fiesta ST-2
Semtex is great, grenades are underpowered. Got a triple kill twice with the semtex and even managed to stick it on someone from a random throw into the air FLOL!!!

Motorbikes

D.

Yeah sure but you can select those perks/weapon attachments yourself too so its not as if anyone has an unfair advantage over everyone else.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
What are people using as their secondary weapon? Currently got the PP2000 with red dot, never used rocket launchers or shotguns yet.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Stinger all day, just for taking down helicopters, but its also nice to lock on to a HQ and get a triple kill as its like having a predator on your back....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah sure but you can select those perks/weapon attachments yourself too so its not as if anyone has an unfair advantage over everyone else.

But where's the fun in that? You might as well play GTR Evo with no damage, 500mpg engines and a car that corners like its on rails - but make everyone elses' car the same as well? :S

Just been online again with MW2. I am forcing myself to try and like it, but I still don't get the appeal. Even more so when on a TDM game, the nearest level to me (on lvl2 now) - was 23! - rofl!!!

Does it always take an aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggeeeeeeeeee as well to try and shoot from the hip after you finished sprinting? The amount of times I've run around a corner and beaded someone up, only for the gun to take ages to 'come on' target - is crazy. Sure, it helps to not sprint, but then you're a sitting duck. ;)

D.

BMW E46 330i Touring
It's an idiosyncracy that COD online gets easier the more you play it. You get better weapons and perks which makes the game of killing someone easier.

You really do have to persevere to begin with and it can be pretty frustrating when you have the automatic rifle equivalent of a pea shooter. It helps not to sprint around corners though, what would happen in real life?!?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's an idiosyncracy that COD online gets easier the more you play it. You get better weapons and perks which makes the game of killing someone easier.

You really do have to persevere to begin with and it can be pretty frustrating when you have the automatic rifle equivalent of a pea shooter. It helps not to sprint around corners though, what would happen in real life?!?

There's more chance of that happening though, than a heart-beat monitor being attached to an assault rifle.... ;)

I think it's the grind of death/kill/death/kill that's tiresome for me. I used to play hours and hours of Soldier of Fortune 2 online and loved it. I think with the exception of map knowledge, you had a pretty even playing field as whatever weapon the guy had firing at you, was just as effective as anything that you could pick up. Every time. All the time. Sure, you could go up against clan members or those on some form of teamspeak and get rimmed, royally. But you still had a chance against them - at the very least.

As you say, COD gets easier the more you play it - but it's absolutely dire for newcomers. I could jump into CounterStrike, BF2142, TF2 and L4D2 (to name but a few) and be a total noob, but still have some impact into the outcome of the game. As it is, I've been kicked within seconds from a few online games because the other players deemed my 'rank' to be too low. I hadn't even bloody started, FFS! :cool:

The way I see it, unless you've ploughed in hours into MW2 online already, you might as well not bother. What's the point in getting slaughtered 2,000+ times in order to get kit a third as good as the other players on yor team? Or put another way - what kind of chances would a newcomer to the COD series have online if they picked up COD4 in the bargain bin? Unless they were FPS Gods or were willing to die far many more times than they actually killed the opposition - and for days at a time - they would get nowhere.

One-legged pub teams, versus the Premiership - kind of springs to mind. ;)

D.

Megane R26
There's more chance of that happening though, than a heart-beat monitor being attached to an assault rifle.... ;)

I think it's the grind of death/kill/death/kill that's tiresome for me. I used to play hours and hours of Soldier of Fortune 2 online and loved it. I think with the exception of map knowledge, you had a pretty even playing field as whatever weapon the guy had firing at you, was just as effective as anything that you could pick up. Every time. All the time. Sure, you could go up against clan members or those on some form of teamspeak and get rimmed, royally. But you still had a chance against them - at the very least.

As you say, COD gets easier the more you play it - but it's absolutely dire for newcomers. I could jump into CounterStrike, BF2142, TF2 and L4D2 (to name but a few) and be a total noob, but still have some impact into the outcome of the game. As it is, I've been kicked within seconds from a few online games because the other players deemed my 'rank' to be too low. I hadn't even bloody started, FFS! :cool:

The way I see it, unless you've ploughed in hours into MW2 online already, you might as well not bother. What's the point in getting slaughtered 2,000+ times in order to get kit a third as good as the other players on yor team? Or put another way - what kind of chances would a newcomer to the COD series have online if they picked up COD4 in the bargain bin? Unless they were FPS Gods or were willing to die far many more times than they actually killed the opposition - and for days at a time - they would get nowhere.

D.

Totally agree, and moving from PC FPS games to 360 MW2, trying to get used to this s**tty controller and getting owned by 11 year olds is degrading - it's not lack of skill, I just CBA with how the games mechanics work.

Back to a mouse of keyboard for me - where skill and accuracy count more. The 'hit boxes' on the console versions seem a bit too 'kind' to me.

E36 328
it's not lack of skill.

ummmmm...they are better than you = it is lack of skill

You lack the skill of being able to play call of duty.

To the person complaining about the weapons get easier blah blah, i had my highest kill streak on the old game after prestiging and just playing with the first gun the game will let you have. All the guns are different, not necessarily better, i dont unlock a new gun and then immediately use it because some of the later guns are crap. The game doesnt progress in that way, at the end of prestiging you might still play with the m4a1 or famas which are amongst the first ones u unlock (my favourite gun is still the m4a1 cos its an all rounder)

Just cos other people are better than you doesnt mean that the game is crap.

It means you are. Other people seem to have gotten on ok with it?

a burnt one
I agree, i am still using the scar which i believe is one of the first weapons you unlock, if in fact is was ever locked in first place.

Megane R26
Nope, they know where to camp and which guns to *****. Not skill. Play a few PC FPS games and see the difference.

E36 328
They kill you once - you know where they are because if they are really camping they will still be there - you go and kill them

Simples! Now stop complaining about something youre s**t at and run along like a good boy

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

D.
completely disagree.. cod4 was hard for newcomers but mw2 is aimed at newbies! mega auto aim, no recoil million perks etc..... its completely aimed at making it easily accessable to newcomers this time