ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] DiRT 3 - Official thread

LY R26 #288
I've not played any of the Dirt games, but I've just ordered this one. Been watching some of the trailers, looks pretty good.

Clio Mk2 Ph2
Just pre ordered it, £29 on Zavvi. Cannot go wrong!
Loved the first 2 in the series.

Codemasters are the greatest at making racing games.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Got a message from Game saying it will be ready for pick up tomorrow but have just noticed Morrisons are doing it for £30. Do game price match?

Civic Si
Got a message from Game saying it will be ready for pick up tomorrow but have just noticed Morrisons are doing it for £30. Do game price match?

they definitely dont price match with supermarkets... and in my experience, they wont price match on anything that they know they will sell anyway. Managers discretion and all that.

clio 172 sport
il be at asda at midnight tonight for this :) looks awesome,hope its more rally orientated rather than those daft trucks and buggys in the previous games

Got mine for £27 from Sainsburys Entertainment, shipped yesterday so hopefully it will arrive today.

Reviews and early opinions have been fantastic, I loved DiRT 2 so can see me getting a lot of play out of this.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
had a quick go on it this morning, I was struggling with the controls a bit tbh, don't know if they've changed them slightly, will have another bash at lunchtime.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Got mine preordered in Gamestation with special discount.
Picking it up tomorrow for £26 ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Sorted the controls out and had a go at lunchtime, loving it. You've got to have it set on the hardest difficult for a challenge though, I've had a couple of 3rd place finishes but have come 1st everytime overall.

BMW F31
had a quick go on it this morning, I was struggling with the controls a bit tbh, don't know if they've changed them slightly, will have another bash at lunchtime.

Like you, I was struggling last night with the controls, seemed very unforgiving when getting the cars into slides on gravel/dirt and even worse on tarmac.

got any tips for setup? i've got it on intermediate at the mo but will try switching to hardest tonight.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Well I'm on PC using a 360 pad.

On Dirt 2 Handbrake was A, Gear Up B, Gear Down X

Dirt 3 wasn't like that, it was a different config and I couldn't get used to it, so I've changed it to be like Dirt 2.

I should probably get a G25 or G27 but funds are needed for other things atm.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I must admit, i'm not liking it as much as I was hoping to, definitely worth it though. I do like the drift races.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
PS3 & PC, not 360.

I've never understood that. It's a straight-forward USB connection after all. Surely Microsoft can't be THAT focused against a Logitech product? :S

It would open up the whole beauty of the G2* series of wheels to the 360 owners. That said, for the life of me, I cannot understand why Microsoft have never released a wired keyboard & mouse combo for £15, or a wireless combo for £25? It might even make FPS's a joy to play on the 360 then? :S

D.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I'm absolutely loving it, changed controls re gears and handbrake but thats all.

Wasn't sure if I'd bother using the code so I could go online etc but I'm definitely going to now. Preferred to dirt 2 over here.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm loving it now I've played it a bit more, it gets better and better, liking Gymkhana very much.

DCi
I managed to get it stuck out of full screen on PC for ages- frustrating to fix!

But it seems a bit less xtreme sports and more rally sim compared to dirt 2 after the first couple of races so that's good.

Love using my driving force GT :D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Wait till you reach the Drift stages & Gymkhana.

PS. to switch between fullscreen it's Alt & Enter (Return)

Clio Mk2 Ph2
After a few more hours of game play I must say I am quite impressed!
The developers seem to be obsessed with Triforces though, /b/tards I'm guessing as the previous dirts also had some subtle /b/ related things on them.

Clio Mk2 Ph2
I'm still waiting for my copy to hit the door mat. :(

Just buy a copy from Tesco or any other shop even if it is expensive, then when the copy you bought online arrives just take it back to the shop. That way you will have had the game earlier and at the online price :)
It's what I do when I buy stuff online, because I am that impatient and need to play the game asap.

DCi
alt enter didn't work... neither did adding fullscreen="true" into the config like it did in dirt 2

had to delete my profile and start again :S

gona give it another whizz now woo :D

LY R26 #288
Just buy a copy from Tesco or any other shop even if it is expensive, then when the copy you bought online arrives just take it back to the shop. That way you will have had the game earlier and at the online price :)
It's what I do when I buy stuff online, because I am that impatient and need to play the game asap.

lol.. Good idea but I think it'll probably come tomorrow anyway. :p

Evo 8 Jap Crap
The games great but the loading times are a pain in the ass (PS3) and the voiceovers during the menus are proper cheeeeeeeese

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The voiceovers are even more annoying than Dirt 2 (i could just about stomach them in 2). PC loads nice and quick :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Looks 9/10

Menu's 4/10

Erm wheres the steering wheel compatability? Ive got the driving force pro and couldnt use it before :S.

Oh why are we wanking over Ken 5chins now when i dont think hes finished a rally in the WRC, yet drop a Legends name over this fella that makes very well couriergraphed vids. Propper chip in my shoulder over this ill be honest.

DCi
few glitchs on the pc version -

-i played a race or 2 before tea, then closed down - when i came back to it just now it had forgotton all my controls
-it keeps changing camera by itself around once per lap (might try assigning a diff button and seeing what happens)
-i know this is for the benefits of the console peeps but when you finish a race and it adds your XP on, the wheel vibrates - now fine if you are holding a controller, but I can't navigate the menus with my wheel so it's pointless lol :D

edit: but past those minor niggles, it's fun and more challenging than dirt2 - you can't just throw the car round a bend and plant the accelarator until you get round :rasp:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Not noticed the fact you only need to tickle the joystick to make it turn full lock :( gone backwards since CM DiRT tbh.