ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

AK

M240i
steven.m said:
WTF am i supposed to do with a medi kit when AK throws one at me lol

Hai :eek: x

I was loling hard when we were shooting each other in the house then I grenaded you! Well get some proper matches soon ;)

DCi
online is FUBAR.

gonna leave it a few days until EA can pull their finger out of their arse and sort it.

Lucky if you can sign into your account if you do;

your lucky if you can get a server list if you do;

your lucky if you can connect to a server without CTD if you do;

your lucky PB doesn't kick you out of a PB server.
reminds me of BF2 :D

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I got kicked out of 2 games along with all the lads i was playing with, but since those it was fine.

Really enjoying it, so desperate to get the 50 and a red dot for a rifle.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Just been playing again. Some of these guys are bloodying annoying/good.

I was all like, You can't bring that humppity hump up in side this bumppity bump. Then i remebered Steve is a hitter..Not a quitter...believe that.

Half of this game is intimidation, mind games. Shouting, The pain train is coming WOOO WOOOOO!! Helps me a lot.

If it's game time then it's pain time!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Is it 12 on each side, or 6 on each side? I forget. It's bloody good, though.

You're right as well, Stefi, some of the guys are awesome. I was snipered 3 times in a row by the same f*cking guy. I knew where he was, too, just couldn't get close to the b*stard. He was sitting on the deck of the abandoned ship. LOL. He became "Your Nemesis" instead of "Your killer" Haha, bugger.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Same with me Neil. Some bugger with a 50 just picking me off. Luckily he came under fire from a turret and set off running. I managed to get a round through his ear. Booom.

Octy VRS
12 per side unless it's squad matches which are 4 per side. There is no free for all deathmatch.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I just play Conquest, at the moment.

Really liking the fact that the more you progress and up-rank, the better weapons and items you get. So n00bs, in time, will feel the f*cking wrath that I've had to endure!

Have to say as well, I was playing yesterday (or Saturday - time flies with this), and got in a tank with 3 other guys (all of which I don't know). Anyway, we captured the Alpha flag, and just sat there, bombing and firing the sh*t out of anything that came along. I honestly picked up so many points from assists and kills from just being in that tank. The guys would get out, repair every so often, then jump back in and start again. Their repair skill must have been epic, as it was so fast back up to 100%. I racked up about 2000 points just from being in that tank, and I was pretty new to it all at that point so didn't understand much other than FIRE!! FIRE!! FIRE!! lol.

:cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Not really, mate. You pick a class (Assault/Medic/Engineer/Recon), then the more kills and assists you get, the more points you gain for up-ranking. I think the first rank is 6500 points. Bearing in mind, a kill is worth 50 points sometimes, it can sometimes be a long old slog. But you get points for other things, too. I think the most I've got in one battle is around 2k. In each class, their are also set targets, points wise. Reaching these will unlock new weapons for that particular class. So if you're constantly on Assault or Recon (sniper), you won't get the rewards for Engineer (a drill being the first) or Medic (Medical supplies etc.)

Bear in mind that you can take over from a fallen solider by picking up their weapon, thus taking over their role. So, in theory, you could make 5 or 6 kills as Assault, then find a dead Engineer, pick up his loot and ransack a few tanks, so at the end of the battle you'll get points for both Assault and Engineer class, rather than just concentrating everything on Assault.

There are also loads of collectibles like dog tags off people you kill. I have one of these so far, when I used my knife to kill two people in the same room. That was pretty cool.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I just play Conquest, at the moment.

Really liking the fact that the more you progress and up-rank, the better weapons and items you get. So n00bs, in time, will feel the f*cking wrath that I've had to endure!

Have to say as well, I was playing yesterday (or Saturday - time flies with this), and got in a tank with 3 other guys (all of which I don't know). Anyway, we captured the Alpha flag, and just sat there, bombing and firing the sh*t out of anything that came along. I honestly picked up so many points from assists and kills from just being in that tank. The guys would get out, repair every so often, then jump back in and start again. Their repair skill must have been epic, as it was so fast back up to 100%. I racked up about 2000 points just from being in that tank, and I was pretty new to it all at that point so didn't understand much other than FIRE!! FIRE!! FIRE!! lol.

^^^ that is pure Battlefield at its best. Capturing and holding a point with a decent group is part of the appeal - for both sides, imo. You either work together with the tank and defend it on foot as it in turn defends you - or as the other team, you attempt to crack the nut that is that tank.

Works brilliantly (unless the rest of your team prefers one-man Rambo attacks) and makes for a hectic, yet focused game.

Many, many fond memories of Battlefield 2142, in having a tank and a walker capture a point with both a support (ammo crate) character and an engineer (repair ability) being part of the crew. If the opposition know what they are doing, they can still take you apart. N00bs on the other hand, are mere cannon-fodder/points givers! :)

D.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Thats one bonus of the Black hawk too, the engineer can repair as your buzzing about, shame the Mini guns on the side are weak as f**k, i've not seen a hind on a map yet either.

BF twitter says the 360 stuff is taking longer than expected to fix. I WANT TO PLAY!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I'm sure it'll be up again later. Once again EA not anticipating the amount of folk wanting to play. They did the same with Fifa.

You play Single Player, too, mate?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Nah i've not been on it, my flat mate just done the mission where you have to follow the path through the desert... he got stuck on the bit where the ship blocks the path, not sure which mission it is.

Worth it?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, I've been playing through while servers were down. I think it's really good. Enjoying it, more so than I did with MW2, anyway.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
You know what ... sod it - I;m going to pick it up from Game on the way home and use my points to get money off ... I really want to play this tonight!

I'll just send the other one back tomorrow ... unless anyone wants it?!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
thinking of selling mine, just didn't get on with it, aiming is precise to the point of silly, maybe i'm just s**t though, but i'm finding it hard to get kills with skills rather than just bullet spray everywhere. gave it a good should (private level 3) but already thinking i'm going to get pretty bored quick!

182 Cup
I cant get into it, I kept getting killed by helpcopters bashing into me last night so un realistic, swooping down from high as f**k and bashing me on the ground and going back up again lol I much prefer COD glad I rented and didnt buy

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I cant get into it, I kept getting killed by helpcopters bashing into me last night so un realistic, swooping down from high as f**k and bashing me on the ground and going back up again lol I much prefer COD glad I rented and didnt buy

LMAO! What the hell? Is that in multiplayer?! I've never seen anyone trying that before. LOL. Was it not the remote controlled copter?

Fiesta ST
I can see why people would get frustrated by this game, however it is worth playing and getting lots of practice in.

Defo a thinking man's game. Get in a good squad and you'll have such a laugh.

Sometimes I can't kill people for s**t yet sometimes top the board.

Concentrate on capping points and not getting kills.

I've got 6 dog tags so far!

R26
LMAO! What the hell? Is that in multiplayer?! I've never seen anyone trying that before. LOL. Was it not the remote controlled copter?

I think he must mean the remote heli.

Had someone do this to me yesterday, but i moved out the way at the last second, and he crashed..... was lol.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Just been playing with a load of lads for about 4 hours straight, I've got a headache, my eyes hurt but at least I got my 50cal. Lol

lvl 10 now iirc.

Ace.