ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Official Thread

182 Cup
I must say I played this quite a bit last night and enjoyed it got into it a bit more its defo grown on me, its just a bit fiddly and complcated! I hate that I cant go prone aswell like on Cod LOL

Scutch you still havent accepted my friend request you on PSN? Joelydee add me dude! Its boring playing on your own. Anyone else that has this game add me joelydee

Examples o stupid little fiddly things which annoy me..

A medic throws me a medi pack... how the f**k do I use it mashing all buttons while stood next to it but nothing seems to be happening! Also the movement just seems a bit restricted takes ages to turn round in a circle. Also on COD when taking a flag you can see the bar moving accross and know exactly when its going to be captured. But on this it doesnt seem to tell you how long before capture of flag

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Joel, sorry, Petrice, I'll add you later dude. But I have this on XB360 not PS3. Hence why I haven't been on PS3 for a while now other than to play Winning Eleven 2010 or WipeoutHD.

What you said about the game is true, though. The more time you give it, the better it gets.

Octy VRS
Medpacks just heal you if you are standing next to it, same with ammo packs. You should see the flag going down and back up again when capturing.

Glad you have tried it a bit more, it's a great laugh. Hopefully I should be on later if the wife has a bath (no pics). psn= oska75

182 Cup
Just for the record it was a UAV chopper that flew down and hit me haha!! I'm awesome with the first sniper rifle cant stiop getting headshots with it! I also love bezzing about on the quad and driving fast as f**k past enemies.... that fast that they cant shoot me in time seems to piss them off.

Looks funny as f**k a sniper thrashing about at 90mph on a quad, my GF was sat behind me reading a magazine and she shouted "WTF is that a yeti on a quad"

FPSML

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I need to improve my snipering skills. I'm rocking in Assault class, usually.

I do LOL @ the soundtrack in single player, mind. On one of the missions, my AI team mates were arguing about the best scene in Predator! :clown:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Anyone put "war tapes" on yet... I've only played with s**t TV speakers and a half decent set headphones but FACK me is it good.

Check it if you havn't Cereal.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Ah assumed somone would have.

Can only imagine how good it must be with SS.

Even just reloding the 50. For example every little click and chink is incredible.

And the atmospheres in jungle etc is mint

yeh you get the birds and animals etc. im impressed.

although, i was stood ontop of a rock on the jungle level, sniping, and the map was jumping around all over the place. going see through and that. like something from playstation days :(

AK

M240i
Cool. Will have a look.

Just looking @ my stats and things there... i've collected 39 dog tags so far.. only level 4 or something lol :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The EA servers seem f*cked at the moment. Lots of skipping and judder when running. Not good for kills. Lol. Still, 1500 points in last round and now time for footy.

TT 225+
got this today, have to say very impressed :) dont know which is the best class for me yet, all have good points! sound is incredible! i can see me spending a lot of time on this :) very very good.

My PSN is Currystain_182 for anybody interested ;)

Clio 1.2 16v
I wouldn't say that was quickly mate, it would take a hell of a lot of hours to get to Rank 17, and he's only stated he's unlocked the stuff for Recon and Medic. That still leaves Assault and Engineer with items that will still be locked. 280 hours is a lot, mind, but it would be interesting to learn how many hours it's taken to get to Rank 17. I'm only on Rank 2 and I've played it for around 10 hours now and unlocked f*ck all, really. LOL.

Think i've got around 30-odd hours in so far. My mate is rank 22 and we both agree about the rank unlocks being too easy to attain. Finished medic unlocks last night, MG3 is beastly - insane rate of fire! Now onto engineer and the hard slog to get my beloved UZI.

About sniping - The basic rules are headshot is an instant kill, two shots anywhere on the body is a kill. If not, your target has either healed himself or it's a different guy!

All rifles will kill with one shot to the body but it seems to happen at random (example - I shot a guy in the foot, he died, whereas perfect heart shots have left the blighters alive) unless using the M95, which regularly kills from single bodyshots.

Few cool kills last night, one being a SV98 headshot needing 4 chevrons of bullet drop compensation (poor guy didn't have a clue where I was) another being a Grach pistol headshot kill (I shot from the Valdez first base tower and killed a sniper running back towards the port - pretty far!). Lastly, I got the 'Dentist' trophy for headshotting a guy with the engineer tool! (TIP - wait behind in their base when defending and headshot the guy using the UAV).

AK

M240i
I love sniping lol :)!

What ones the .50cal as I had a look at the unlocks I've still to get and none of them said 50cal?!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I played as a sniper last night, too. I was thrown into one Conquest with relative n00bies, so I was outranking most of them (even though I'm only Rank 3) and it seemed they were just starting out on the game. Gave me time to pick them off and rack up some points :cool:

Also took out 3 tanks in one game with the C4. It's so good when you sneak up on one from behind as they're going gung-ho in every other direction, and then just planting the C4 on the rear.

:clown:

On one of the abandoned ships, I noticed one of their snipers crouched infront of me waiting for gunfire to stop. As he was there, pretty much motionless, I took out my sniper rifle and shot him clean in the back of the head from out 2 yards away! PMSL. On another occasion, I noticed an enemy run out in front of me (unaware I was there), so I sneaked up behind him as he was trying to get past a fence, and stabbed him in the head with my knife. Nothing. I stabbed him again in the head, hearing the clicking and blood squirting noise. Again, the f*cker was unaffected. I had to switch to my handgun to finish him off. I thought it was Wolverine for a second. Anyway, I was very relieved when he finally died.

I also managed to nab 3 dog tags off fallen victims.

Last edited:
  182 Cup
Played this again last night and have come to the conclusion that..... It's s**t I'm taking it back to blockbusters 4 days early

Octy VRS
Blimey, you change your mind like the weather. I had a right laugh last night, need to play some more maps though as I only seem to play the desert and abandoned port ones, still haven't touched SP yet.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah the maps I'm put on seem to be the snow one, the ship one and the train yards.

Good stuff, though. Loving it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've gota go get this! I played Cod last night after 3 weeks out and was s**t so this could be some fun! :)

Motorbikes
AK needs to get a mic asap :rasp:

I was slating this the day I got it to my mates but now I am in love with it, only got it on Sunday. Me and my mate were rocking out in a tank last night, he fixing it whilst I battle oncoming tanks.... took out about 5 in one streak, him fixing me up as I battled two at a time, ha! Awesome.

snuffet - if anyone fancies a game? On Xbox.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'll add you mate.

Rofl at sniping from that range scutch. I'd love it if the effects on the bodies were like WaW then it'd get messy.

I was sniping on the jungle level with the lighthouse last night (jumped out our chopper so I was on The very top where they couldn't get) the crack of the bullets about 3 seconds later was mint on "war tapes" I must have been about 1000 metres away in game terms.

The noise of an opposing sniper round cracking passed your head too is madness.

4000 point round if win though. Got 22k XP with bonuses too. Lol.

AK

M240i
steven.m said:
AK needs to get a mic asap :rasp:

I was slating this the day I got it to my mates but now I am in love with it, only got it on Sunday. Me and my mate were rocking out in a tank last night, he fixing it whilst I battle oncoming tanks.... took out about 5 in one streak, him fixing me up as I battled two at a time, ha! Awesome.

snuffet - if anyone fancies a game? On Xbox.

I've got a mic mate lol...

I need to join "Rex" lol!

Add me too spelize.. And scutch If you're on 360..

II AK 90 II

The two lines either side are 'i'

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Will do mate but spelize is just a terrible attempt at my name rofl.

I actually lol'd at that effort.

I'll be on soon so I'll add you both.

AK

M240i
spiezels said:
Will do mate but spelize is just a terrible attempt at my name rofl.

I actually lol'd at that effort.

I'll be on soon so I'll add you both.

Lol I'm on tapatalk and I couldnt check it lol :cool:

Motorbikes
I've got a mic mate lol...

I need to join "Rex" lol!

Add me too spelize.. And scutch If you're on 360..

II AK 90 II

The two lines either side are 'i'

Ha, you need to chat more then. I just assumed you didnt have one. Team REX ftw, unfortunatly team PEOW wont fit in the 3 character clan tag :(

REX is my mates dog btw he is awesome :cool:

AK

M240i
steven.m said:
Ha, you need to chat more then. I just assumed you didnt have one. Team REX ftw, unfortunatly team PEOW wont fit in the 3 character clan tag :(

REX is my mates dog btw he is awesome :cool:

I let me gun do the talking lol... You on tonight? I'm at college but will be on after 8...

AK

M240i
steven.m said:
Nah I have to spend time with her tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow night.

Fail. Ivethe house to myself this weekend.. Widescreen tv and bc2 what a weekend :)!