ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PDF - multi language / template based system for websites

tiTTy & SV650
big enough title?

Basically at the end of last year I was looking for software in which I could create a template and then use a database (content management system) to populate it with standard text and pictures.

I already had the content generated in English but was looking to duplicate it into different languages for our foreign distributors.

Essentially it's technical installation guides so needed to be accurate translations. The result was a £10k system developed around our existing content management system.

7 months later at approx 2 days a week... I now have English, German, Spanish and Czech guides generated.

French, Dutch, Finnish and Bulgarian translations in progress.

Anyway the results can be seen here:

http://www.scottoiler.com/support_installation-guides.asp click beside flag to select language then use the pull down menu.

Why am I boring you all with this?

Well I couldnt find a system off the shelf, spent £10k and a lot of time speccing and developing it. So if anyone wants a similar thing I can put them in touch with the developers.

Now I can get on with the real work, quite satisfying and hopefully I'll see a noticeable change in export sales as a result.

tiTTy & SV650
4 years later, new website and the web developers failed to incorporate this - doh!

Best they can do is replicate it in a new system at about £6k :dead: