ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pedal extensions invalidated my insurance

Just phoned up Churchill to declare my central locking and e/windows Ive installed and I also mentioned that I added pedal extensions.

After being put on hold I was told that it invalidates my policy because they are deemed to be performance enhancements.

After falling off my chair laughing, I said I would remove them (which I will, want to keep it legal).

Their reason was that the pedals are in all of the performance magazines.

Well... so are a lot of breasts & stockings, but having my wife in the car doesnt seem to change my policy?

/Mad

Mondeo STTDCI

Its a usual thing. Many people buy them for show but others buy as they can aid heel and toe manouevres.

Either way, they make the car different to standard.

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 14 August 2004
...others buy as they can aid heel and toe manouevres.

I can see how that could be deemed a performance enhancement.

I have just phoned Elephant.co.uk and they class pedal extensions as an "Interior change" and dont charge any extra for it, as well as being a lot cheaper, so I will change come renewal time.

/Mad

Fabia vRS

Just depends on which insurance company u go if, and if they wanna rip u off at every point they can

Mk2 Golf GTI

i dont think they are illegal as long as they have some sort of grip on them, i thought they had to have some rubber on them but 182s are pure metal arent they?

Pedels have to have rubber ont he clutch and accelerator, and the spacing between them needs to be the same as std

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the spacing might have to be a certain amount but the pedals dont have to be rubber. all three pedals are metal on 172s/182s for example

Yeah i was wondering about that, but what i rewad, cant rememeber wherer teh f**k it was said that there had to be rubber ont eh accelerator and clutch :S

The space between the pedals need to be a minimum of 50mm.

The pedals require some form of antislip provision but does not have to be rubber.

"Brake pedals must have an anti-slip provision, this is normally a rubber pad. In the case of metal pedal pads, there must be some anti-slip provision in the metal itself. This is usually a pattern moulded into the material."

/Mad