ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People knock Microsoft, Apple should be shot for ITunes!!

Astra 1.9cdti XP
ITunes is the worst bit if software that I've ever had the displeasure of using!

It's slow!
Brings my PC to a grinding halt! (I've got a super fast PC and loads of Memory!!)
Annoying
Rubbish
arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/93668/itunes-7-users-report-significant-problems.html

Windows Media Player is so much better and faster!!

In iTunes 7 you can get artwork but you have to create an account which means supplying credit card details! I have and will never buy music from iTunes store!!!

I know there is other threads praising it but I wanted to rant!!

iTunes is awesome. End of. :)

(And, it does no slowing down, and is pretty rapid in operation, too).

Media Player, now.. that's an app which needs a usability study conducting on it :p

Monaro VXR
Pft for library management and playback etc cant beat winamp tried all the others and always come back to winamp. And itunes just fills your system up with loads of crappy processes those of us who dont have ipods dont need.

So glad i went with creative for my MP3 player there software is so much better than itunes so much easier to send songs between etc.

Astra 1.9cdti XP
wozzaa said:
Pft for library management and playback etc cant beat winamp tried all the others and always come back to winamp. And itunes just fills your system up with loads of crappy processes those of us who dont have ipods dont need.

So glad i went with creative for my MP3 player there software is so much better than itunes so much easier to send songs between etc.

So true, if I didn't have an ipod, iTunes would go no where near my PC!

1998 BMW e46 323i
I'm using ver.5 or 6, after downgrading from 7, which is memory hungry and crashes more times than my mother reversing her suzuki wagon r+

i kinda have a love hate relationship with itunes; i don't think it's logical to use and takes forever to load.

RB 182
rory182 said:
itunes is great if you're a bit simple :rasp:
I thought I must be missing a huge section somewhere, thought I'd give it a try and but not very impressed I've got say (I don't have an iPod though).

tiTTy & SV650
I think its utterly shight, am replacing my ipod with a creative asap just waiting for the right deal.

Monaro VXR
Why cant they just make it like creative players. Icon appears in my computer drag and drop into either audio or data folder.

Instead of all the syncing crap etc etc.

wozzaa said:
Why cant they just make it like creative players. Icon appears in my computer drag and drop into either audio or data folder.

Instead of all the syncing crap etc etc.

Because, that way is mega hassle compared to syncing playlists.

I used to use winamp and just open individual files, but then I used iTunes and it's much better.
Anything to go on my iPod, I drag to the iPod playlist, and it just syncs.. if I want rid, I take it out of the iPod playlist and it deletes. Easy.

(And, in OSX, you don't need to use the finder (like explorer) to do anything.. it's all based around spotlight search.. )

Monaro VXR
Daz said:
Because, that way is mega hassle compared to syncing playlists.

I used to use winamp and just open individual files, but then I used iTunes and it's much better.
Anything to go on my iPod, I drag to the iPod playlist, and it just syncs.. if I want rid, I take it out of the iPod playlist and it deletes. Easy.

(And, in OSX, you don't need to use the finder (like explorer) to do anything.. it's all based around spotlight search.. )

You also have media organizer in the creative software can search etc just by clicking various genre's and such really easy to use. But you can also just add music by dragging and dropping which is easier than having to open up another program and let it sync up. Plus with 60gb players like mine you generally dont delete music you just add music.

Leon Cupra R 225
Lol at Nomad.

Err the best media player is clearly RealPlayer...

WTF with ITunes, thats total shite.

Windows media player(any version) are to be used by kids.

Keep it Real people. Literally. ;)

Astra 1.9cdti XP
tommyboy said:
Lol at Nomad.

Err the best media player is clearly RealPlayer...

WTF with ITunes, thats total sh*te.

Windows media player(any version) are to be used by kids.

Keep it Real people. Literally. ;)

Are you serious??? Real Player is biggest peice of Adware known to man!

172 mk2 Iceberg
if you dont have an ipod i tunes sucks big time...
i dont like being told what i can play my mp3,s on that i have paid for
BTW apple and microsoft are like pepsi and coke..
two sides of the SAME coin
its a con

iTunes is superb if people take the time to get to know how to use it. As Daz says, confgure it to sync with one playlist, and keep that playlist up to date. Your iPod will always have the same music as that playlist. It's not rocket science. In fact it's incredibly easy.

As for services, yeah iTunes does always load a couple of services into memory on startup, but the footprint is small and it's so handy to have iTunes launch up as soon as you plug in the iPod.

Windows Media Player? Bloatware in the extreme. Utter crap.

If you have an iPod, the auto sync provided in iTunes is a joy to use. Period.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
your pc cant be that great if it slows down mate, i can run loads of programs with it and theres no change.

Fiat Panda 100hp
geordiepaul said:
Cos it's the only thing that works with my iPod!

It sucks how you have to have itunes if you have a ipod, why could they make it like a iriver where the mp3 just comes up as a removable drive???

Conteo said:
It sucks how you have to have itunes if you have a ipod, why could they make it like a iriver where the mp3 just comes up as a removable drive???

Because that's not the way to use a computer ;)
Look at OSX, you don't use finder very much at all.. it's all based around apps sorting their files out and search.

Altho, if you have Windows, you can use anapod or xplay and then you can use an iPod in explorer, as a normal drive.

Astra 1.9cdti XP
Roy Munson said:
Windows Media Player? Bloatware in the extreme. Utter crap.

How is it bloatware? It's fast, never crashes or locks the PC and it does exactly what it says on the tin (except sync with an ipod!!)