ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

people who dont like the 197 are jealous...

Not got a car
hate them really, really hate them. Cant stand the plastic s**t at the rear. I must be soooooo jealous.

www.renparts.co.uk
In a straight line, there'd be nothing in it, like all the RS's. It was coming out of corners it was noticable. Why do you care so much what I think anyway? Not everyone likes the same cars, so they, I mean I would never consider the 1.4 16v clio or a valver, each to their own lol.

well i don't have either anymore.... i have a mk2 172 and a ph1 172....

Round the track i think you would get beaten by one... so its only looks you can comment on really...

F/F Titanium 182
I think the 197 is cool especially the R27! but if i was going getting rid of my 182 (which i'm not) it would be for a mkV golf gti or a meggy 230!

Like everyone else says wait for 2 years then they might produce a Trophy! ;)

LY 200
In a straight line, there'd be nothing in it, like all the RS's. It was coming out of corners it was noticable. Why do you care so much what I think anyway? Not everyone likes the same cars, so they, I mean I would never consider the 1.4 16v clio or a valver, each to their own lol.

well i don't have either anymore.... i have a mk2 172 and a ph1 172....

Why both?? Any pics??

Theres not exactly much difference between them is there and imo you cant really comment until you have driven a sport with cup suspension and a 197??

Dont tell me you've done both of them too!? :rolleyes:

Im not joking here but the only type of people ive seen driving 197's around are old women. I cant understand it. Haven't seen one with a young person driving it.

Octavia VRS
I was behind a silver 197 the other day, I really like it :). Wouldn't say 182 owners are jealous tho!

clio...
I dont think you can compare, they're completely different cars to be honest all they share is the badge.

I love both, I think they're fantastic. Even the 197's freakishly shaped rear end has grown on me.

However, I'd much rather have the megane.

I can see the point of not wanting to get one if you've already got a 1x2 as it's not a great jump really (apart from things no longer rattling ;))

The sensationalist comments though are bordering on ridiculous, but don't let them get to me, I've got a great car so nerrr :p

ff silver 182
What a load of shite, its down to personal finances and individual tastes.What an arrogant post to put up.I bet you got a big fu'@k off tv as well.

SMURF!!!
If I was in the market for a new MPV it would definatly make my shortlist

If I had kids, I'd probs get one, loads of room for them to play in the back, and a distinct lack of power so no worries about them being thrown about in the twisties, or on accelerating! ;)

The 197 is quite good for an mpv. But isn't the Zafira GSi quicker?

Im not getting all this loads of room malarky - i have a 197 and there isnt THAT much room in the back, maybe i have been short changed... hmmm.... :S

tiTTy & SV650
I like them and respect the handling of them.

But I followed a 205gti through town the other day thinking fcuk me how small is that compared to my 182 (and I used to run 205gti and 182 for a bit) so basically the 197 like most new 'superminis' is a bit big, I certainly aint jealous, I've had 3 years of good fun in my 182 and will be running it for a while yet.

Tend to agree that the 172 / 182 (172 cup especially!) is the last of the old school hot hatches, cause lets face it they've had power steering since 1992 (even though I prefer without) and ABS etc since a similar period.

R

rich[182]

jealous lol, what a sweeping statement

ever thought the following ?
- people are more than happy with their 172/182
- from purely a performance point of view its not a step up
- some people might not actually like the look of the 197
- some people cant justify selling a mint 182 for a measly £8k and then have to part with another £6k for a 197, i know if i were to do that on my mint 55 plate my wife would think i was a selfish sad arse***e "just to get the latest"

I wouldnt even be jealous of a neighbor with a ferrari tbh, anyone jealous of someone owning a clio needs to have a serious re-think about what direction their life is taking them before they need a straight jacket lol

SMURF!!!
rich[182];2850264 said:
I wouldnt even be jealous of a neighbor with a ferrari tbh, anyone jealous of someone owning a clio needs to have a serious re-think about what direction their life is taking them before they need a straight jacket lol

So true hehehe. Personally being jealous is stoopid, if jealous, then go out get a whopping debt and buy the car if you want it.

Like all those people with money and lambos and nice houses, etc, yeah would love all that money, but im not jealous, i just think well play to them!

ff silver 182
rich[182];2850264 said:
jealous lol, what a sweeping statement

ever thought the following ?
- people are more than happy with their 172/182
- from purely a performance point of view its not a step up
- some people might not actually like the look of the 197
- some people cant justify selling a mint 182 for a measly £8k and then have to part with another £6k for a 197, i know if i were to do that on my mint 55 plate my wife would think i was a selfish sad arse***e "just to get the latest"

...Couldnt agree more with you.!!!!

Yes i got a big tv too

LY 200
^^I reckon he loves his 182 so why would he want to buy a an Fiesta ST lookalikey!? ;)

Hardly jealousy!!! :rasp:

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
the 197 is more grown up,feels refine not as wild as a 172/182/williams/valver/pug gtis's etc..

i honestly think most cars these days are losing the sporty low ride look, all look like bubbles with 2metre roof line height. 197 does look good comparing to its new generation class. but next to the older generation hot hatches it looks like a egg on its side.
but me il rather be intrested in how it drives then its looks and it fails in that to, doesnt give me the smile the 172/182 does. it would be a step up to buy a 197, cos of it being newer/refined/price but not in terms of the 'Feeling Factor' hince why i would never consider buying one.

BMW M3
I will not replace the 182 for a 197 when i change my car,

Me neither....... I dont like the look of it, dont want to go renault again, want a turbo next and the gearing is not to my liking for 6th (4000rpm at 70).... oh, and id prefer not to have to revs loads to get going anywhere quickly.

Love my 182 too muh just now to let it go. I might never sell it and just buy another car lol

172Cup,182
My Nan has a 197 and loves it to bits....

'It's great to park at the WI market the steering is so light and you sit so high you can see everything. The best thing is, it doesn't have that nasty kick that my grandsons 182 has'

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
After seeing the pics of that meet in the media section with the black 197. The 1*2's just look like kids toys in comparison to the 197 and the 225. I think they are more refined.

R

rich[182]

My Nan has a 197 and loves it to bits....

'It's great to park at the WI market the steering is so light and you sit so high you can see everything. The best thing is, it doesn't have that nasty kick that my grandsons 182 has'

:rofl:

My g/f has just traded in her 2 year old 182 with Cup packs for a 197 R27 - both in black.

The 182 was awesome - a great little car with a good turn of speed and even better front end grip - with the Michelin PE2's it was an awesome drive. I test drove a 197 when they 1st came out and was disappointed when comparing it to the 182. But that was over 6 months ago and the F1 Team R27 is out now :D

The R27 does handle better than the normal 197 - which it should do with the Cup chassis. However it also stays very composed on the road and is not crashy. It only has 100 miles on the clock so far, so yet to push it over 4k revs - but can't wait until I can.

I prefer the R27 to the 182. It is like a grown up 182 - a bit less fun, but more refined and practical and the day to day drive is more pleasurable - unless maybe it is being caned :D

I can say though, that after driving the Megane 230, I prefered even the standard 197 - rolled much less and was just more fun to drive.

All cars have their flaws, and the R27 is no exception - but I'm glad we did it. We'll keep it for 2 years, and hopefullyby then Renault have released a 197 with the Megane 230 engine and R26 LSD :D

Till then I have a 500bhp Scooby to give me real kicks :D:D:D

R35 GTR
i think anyone who doesnt like the 197 is jealous as its newer, much better looking, and much less cartoony styled...
oh and makes there car the old model, which is annoying.

discuss.

..he he he
They are slow and look like any other new hatchback. The 182 and 172 are quite unique, but alot of new cars seem to be subtly copying the shape.

EVO VI RS Spec C, DC-2, r
just to add to my comment about looking like a Scenic, saw one this week in Teddington, it was all stickered up 197 etc etc, just looked nafffffff....

R35 GTR
10993_hd_ren2006cliors.jpg
3081973567-renault-scenic.jpg
renault-clio-197.jpg

182... again!
Yeah, I'm jealous...I hold my head in shame at having such a heap now that the hugely improved new model is out.

Having driven one though I didn't notice anything special apart from the brakes so it would be wasted on me...!

It's progress, some good, some bad thanks in part to legislation! I wouldn't buy one as I would would want a significant change when I sell mine.

bigger, more refined. Probably better build quality but not as fast, thats a fact. When the decide to offer a turbo model, then id consider it.

Otherwise a megane is the next logical step up. Sequels should be better in all departments...

ff 182
nice car but i wouldnt pay that much money for a clio unless it was a v6.boy accross the road has one very nice