ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People with a decatted 182 milltek?

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
I fitted mine last week and it sounds really really raspy! Are they all like this?

My old valver just got a deeper tone when adding a decat pipe!

Also when I fitted it, the pipe is longer than standard cat and it pushed the whole system back so tight it's solid :S is this normal!

LY R26 #288
Was it a Scorpion decat? I have one and its the same, its too long.

As for the rasps, I think you'll find decats do make them more raspy!.

Have a word with Chris (One in a million) he's got a decatted Miltek.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
No mate, it was a milltek decat. It's so tight that all the mounts are not sitting 'comfortably' if you get me, forcing them back lol had to pry bar it round to meet the manifold!!
Was gonna take it off next week and cut 3/4 inch off the end as it's a sleeve fit type! Should sort it :)

I thinks where it's so tight it mite be blowing slightly at the cat to manifold joint which mite make it more raspy! We'll see lol

I will give him a pm sometime, cheers mate

CBR1000RR Fireblade
my scorpion did the same, cut 20mm out of the de cat and weld it back together.

job done

Clio Sport 197 cup
Hows it going mate i used to have a 182 with a miltek exhaust and miltek de-cat pipe and my sounded raspy and it fitted perfectly mate.