ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People with chipped 172s

Either with superchip or unichip or R-Sport ECU.

Do you still get cold start problems in the morning? eg. have to start twice, car running rough for a few sec...

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Yep I still have that problem Steve. Powerchip told me that it should disapear but it hasnt. Oh well, got used to it now.

Brian, mine disappeared after the chip installed, runs fine until I get the car serviced at Renault, afterwards the cold start problem comes up again.

Just wondering if the dealer has re flash the ecu without telling me.

If Renault did flash your ECU and you couldnt notice the power difference.. Powerchip probably has made no gains then lol

yeah, I think it made no or very little gain but power delivery definately smoother. Still got good torque from 3k - 6k rpm

Clio 172 Ph2

I never had the cold start problem BEFORE I had the chip fitted, only after.

I disconnected the battery one day and left it for a couple of hours, connected it back up and ive not had the problem since.