ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Ok here is my problem:
I just got a 3 yr old 1.4 clio ,Mk2 i think, and my mate has 2.0 3dr focus.
He's always on about how fast it is, and how gd a driver he is! :mad:

I want to kick his arse in a race and wipe that smile of his face.
Obviously atm my clio cant beat a 2.0 focus.

I dnt want to change my car coz i dnt have the money, and i love clios. What mods can i do to it, to give me a chance at beating him, i've got bout £2000. Other than the usual air intake + exuast system

I would appriciate any tips, cheers

Don't bother with power.
The focus do handle well that will give him a serous ege.
Best way it to go to a god track so ou cna both drive quicker and safer than you do on road.
Spend the money on coilover set up propely then some very sticky road tyres and then if you want strip the car totally don't lave 1kg extra weight as this wil make a difference.
Spend the rest of the money learning hwo to drive at a track day etc might be best going to the track day before hand learning the lines etc with an instructor to get a bit of an edge.
PS track days arn't for racing and will ban you but its only dangerous driving will get you banned.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Buy my RSI for 2 grand if you want mate;) cheap to insure and will kill the Focus

Monaco Blue Mk2
If you have a 3 yr old Clio plus 2k, sell the car and you will have more than enough for a nice Mk2 Ph1 172, that will kick his arse everywhere! ;)