ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pete's Civic Type R FN2

Finally after three weeks of ownership I have managed to spend some time not driving in the rain and doing some tidying and cleaning. Have to say I have grown addicted to the vtec noise. The car has a loud exhaust and it just goes ballistic when its on vtec. Have also discovered some extras on my not so standard car. The exhaust is an aftermarket one but haven't found out which one yet. It has EBC red stuff brake shoes which cure the standard brake fade. The ride is hard but then again its no worse than what I've been used to with coilovers in my Clios and uprated suspension in the Panda. Handling is good but still learning how much to push it. It's a great motorway cruiser and is comfy for adult rear seat passengers. My only gripe's so far are its worse than the 197 when cold for kangarooing. You really have to keep it below 3000 rpm until its warmed up. The driver's seat never returns to where I set it when tipped forward. The over-complicated set up for voice control and the hands free phone.

As to be expected with a new car you begin to make plans for it which at the moment consist of the following changes: -

Coilovers - Probably not as I like the handling.

More power - Need to learn how to manage what it has and learn its limits.

Wheels - Possibly, but I like what are on it.

Dress up engine bay - Definitely

Oh no it sounds like I've finally begun to act my age.

Just a few pics from this weekends cleaning

11892378615_81f34732bb_z.jpg

11893225606_c31f294c65_z.jpg

Thought I'd take a picture of it in JDM corner with my son's MX5 before he sells it.
11892794604_5dac6ba77d_z.jpg

The modifying begins:

Fitted a K&N Panel filter and a new Mugen oil cap as well as a Mugen reservoir sock. Proper JDM according to my son who knows the scene.

11892647733_243f789ddd_z.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks good pete! however its far to grown up, especially for a youngster like yourself :p

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
I never used to like these, More of an EP3 Fan, but i'm really starting to like them, I like the speedometers on these, Still disagree with the silly spoiler :D

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That looks very nice pete,ive had my millano red type r for four years in april and i still dont know what to swap it for next.You'll get used to the seat,one thing i do is put the seatbelt over the corner so i dont have to reach so far back for the belt.They are very reliable and in all my time ive only put tyres pads and discs on it.At the moment its sat on 32mpg which is a mixture of town and b roads.The spoiler is great for night driving to stop you being dazzled but you will find yourself driving into spaces and not reversing into them.

Good luck with it.

RS Megane DCi 175
Looks lovely that! When I bought mine I was after Red, but then a silver turned up with just the spec I was after.
I loved mine - never had any problems with it, Honda dealers were always great and it still returned +30mpg. If my mileage hadn't increased quite considerably, I'd still have it! Enjoy.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I remember the yours mattT it was very nice in silver and i suspect much easier to clean.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I love some of the stuff that people make for honda's but ive still not been convinced on a £400 air filter.

Jesus...