ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol prices where you live

Reading this topic --> http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=40446&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=40446&PagePosition=1 , it mentions petrol prices and got me thinking how much petrol costs in different areas/countries.

The figure mentioned was 78.9p in the Manchester area which (using xe.com) converts to €1.15. Filling up at the weekend here was costing €1.07/litre or 73.6p for the same stuff.

How much does it cost near you?

Well I pay the equivalent of roughly 30p a litre. The price goes up and down more than a tarts knickers but never more than about 33p a litre. Ah, the joys of not living in the UK.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Well Shell Super Unleaded Plus is 80.9p optimax is about 78p and normal supermarket stuff is 71.9p

I cant believe how expensive super unleaded is up here!!

:mad:Why do our taxes have to be so high!?

Oh yeh, forgot we have to pay for all the immigrants. Silly me. Come, Come, live in our country!! We dont mind, just squeeze thought that fence and your in. Heres some money which we can just borrow out the Tax jar. Oh you need a job. No probs, go stand by those traffic lights, wash the car windows, then stick your hand out. Gud earner that.

How much is the tax on petrol in the UK now?

When I filled up at the weekend theres a sign complaining that for every €, 73 cents are tax.

Mk2 172

Why are the prices sooo different within the UK for your standard mid town petrol station?

Surely the petrol companies have a price, and then duties and tax are added?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Quote: Originally posted by billabong on 27 June 2003

72.7 down in Bristol for me, from an esso garage
Esso in Longwell Green on the roundabout?