ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Station, £5, Reset Trip And.....

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I got 28.5 miles out of it, that has to be very very poo by anyones standards! I was in a lot of traffic pottering around town though, and I only booted it once off the lights when I was in the wrong lane..

What should I be getting mpg wise in a standard valver?

Should point out it was BP ultimate so does cost a few pence more but still! :confused:

To be honest mate, it sounds about right...wot mods u got if any?

Im averaging out about 20 miles to the gallon, without cannin it.

Ultimate seem to go through the system like water, gone back to Optimax now.

500bhp Scoob

hmmm well i worked mine out on my RT on a motorway run at an average of 80mph, so not fully caining it by any standard, was 28.41MPG, out of a 1.4RT!!!

mines seriously low, dont know why. u prolly have the same problem as mine, just hungry for fuel

What does everyone get to a tank, the mk1 tanks are all roughly trhe same size, ive got a 1.2 and will get about 250-300 miles outa a full tank, but as its a 1.2 i tend to cane it from a standstill, just to get it to move

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Illusion on 22 May 2004

To be honest mate, it sounds about right...wot mods u got if any?

Im averaging out about 20 miles to the gallon, without cannin it.

Ultimate seem to go through the system like water, gone back to Optimax now.

No Mods not a sausage, Ive been thinking about an engine tune for a while, would I get told there if everythings ok and would it help the fuel economy

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 22 May 2004

What does everyone get to a tank, the mk1 tanks are all roughly trhe same size, ive got a 1.2 and will get about 250-300 miles outa a full tank, but as its a 1.2 i tend to cane it from a standstill, just to get it to move
About the same for me, least Ive had is about 220, most about 320! on average 260-280 :)

I noticed a similar thing today. My £10 I regularly put in used to take me about 100 miles. It now takes me about 80 miles. This is down to petrol becoming more expensive though in my case - its 82p/litre locally.

I still get about 300-350 miles per tank though, which works out at about 33-38mpg on the 9 gallon tank a 16V/Willy uses.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I got 108 miles out of 10 pound across A roads and motorways the other day averaging 80 ish with a bit of toe down.

before 15" and De-cat

£7.50 used to get me 110 easy, with av 80mph at 3.5k

now, i donno if theres any difference? but somtimes i think ah my baby is still doing well, and then other times i think jesus! thirsty b**ch.

suspose its just driving method

get about 600+ miles to a tank motorway cruising, and its quicker than your 1.2 - 1.4 s ;)

[Edited by RicH- on 23 May 2004 at 1:59pm]

yeah, its a 12 gallon tank.

i used to get an easy 300 miles to a tank, 400 driving like a nun.

not at the moment though. ultimate is 89.9 down here at the mo

Da

Less

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 22 May 2004

mines a 1.2 2002 mate and usually get 320-350 outta a full tanks worth, it usually works out at 100 miles per £10 of fuel but obviously prices are STILL rising so that is changing all time. BRING BACK FUEL PROTESTS!!!!!!! :mad:

I have been using super unleaded since everyone on here recommended it and my mpg has been all over the place. Going to and from work - bad traffic and only 7 miles - it is about 26mpg but on the long motorway run yesterday it was about 38mpg.

Have to say it is running SOOOO much better on the super, so thanks for the advice everyone!