ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peugeot 306 GTI-6 Mini Resto

LY Megane R26 230
Well I'm not quite sure if it's quite qualifies for "retro" status yet but heres my 2001 X-Reg Peugeot 306 GTI-6.

Now over the last 15 years I've had over 10 different 306 GTI-6's/306 Rallyes including 2 supercharged versions but for the last 5 years I've switched alliances to the other baguette brigade in the form of Renault Megane R26 and a Megane Renaultsport 250.

An impending house move now means I'll have my very own garage where I can tinker to my hearts content and what better house warming gift can you get than a 19 year old french car right?

The car in question turned up locally and is a relatively low owner low mileage example.

Previous owner has had the car for 11 years and now moved onto something newer in the for of an 308 GT.

When I went to see the car next to it was parked another 306 this time an 1999 V-Reg XSI model that the previous owner had bought to pilfer spares from.

Deal was done for the GTI-6 and the guy kindly chucked the XSI in the price instead of just scrapping it.

Plans are just to slowly tidy it up and restore it as I go along.

Pics of the 2 cars together

20200206-191010.jpg

20200206-190849.jpg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I was watching this online, nearly had a bid as I quite fancy one, have never had one before but always liked the 306 gti. You have had a few so I am guessing you like them? Look forward to seeing what you do with it (y)

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I had one of these in silver. Great car but did have a lift off oversteer moment at speed once which had me worried.

how heavy is the clutch on it 😂

Megane 250
Itll be sold in 3 weeks or broken for parts.

Hope you keep this one lol love a GTi6.

The 250 needs loving too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

LY Megane R26 230
I was watching this online, nearly had a bid as I quite fancy one, have never had one before but always liked the 306 gti. You have had a few so I am guessing you like them? Look forward to seeing what you do with it (y)

Not sure if this was the one you were looking at as I bought it of Gumtree.

Yeah I love them as they feel so analogue and everything just feels right.

I had one of these in silver. Great car but did have a lift off oversteer moment at speed once which had me worried.

how heavy is the clutch on it 😂

Bloody heavy haha! Hopefully a set of clutch fork bushes and clutch cable will help.

Believe it or not, i learnt to drive in a GTi 6 in the exact same colour.
Fond memories :)

Yeah my 1st GTI-6 was Moonstone blue and brings back happy memories.

Itll be sold in 3 weeks or broken for parts.

Hope you keep this one lol love a GTi6.

The 250 needs loving too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Haha it's been here 2 weeks so it's a keeper lol.

The 250 might not be around for much longer depending in what the insurance say about it.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Bloody heavy haha! Hopefully a set of clutch fork bushes and clutch cable will help.
Mine was a temporary car while I had my 205 Gti engine rebuilt after killing the bottom end at cadwell.

clutch on mine was very heavy, but funnily enough lightened you after I had one of the broken engine mounts welded back together.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shame about the colour. Very standard 306 looking but awesome thing. Love a gti6

David172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 M135i
Lots of time for these, especially the rallye. I was always a 106 fanboy but these still appeal. A white rallye was always the dream for me :p

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Memories.

Had an identical w reg car. Came to it from an e30 m3 and p1 back in about 2003. Test drive a corrado vr6 and an integra type-R before buying the 306. My wife and even my mum thought I had lost my love of cars.

That was when I first got in the internet on pay as you go dial up.

As i was sick I everybody thinking thinking was a diesel....... I called myself notadiesel!!! It stuck.

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
The wheels used to be be pig to balance, look closely and you will see there is no hole in the middle only bolt holes.

Remember some people had replicas made in 17 inch instead of 15. The looked cool as car looked std but difficult towork out why it looked better.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Like I said. It always reminded me of a common hdi in that colour.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I miss mine [emoji3525] trying to get the missus to let me have another [emoji23]
611afb9a6c95303906109bcd5f951dfa.jpg

LY Megane R26 230
So with the house move I've had zero time to do any work on the car but that hasn't stopped me buying bits for the car.

First up us some red '6' badges bought for the price of a pint from a friend.

20200301-220205.jpg

And then seeing what great offers Euro Car Parts had on I bought the following for £126!

•Front discs
•Front pads
•Rear discs
•Rear pads
•Cambelt kit
•Waterpump
•Thermostat
•Passenger fog light

20200301-220541.jpg

Moving day was on Friday so once all the furniture was in then it was time to sort the toys out

20200229-162453.jpg

20200229-162501.jpg

Here she is in her home for the next few weeks while I sort the house out

20200229-161849.jpg

And finally just for reference how big modern hot hatches are after 20 years

20200229-135649.jpg

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I reversed my meg in the garage and could not get out. Was not sure if it was meg that was wide or my waistline.

Long doors don't help on 3 door.

Plenty of room on 306. Amazing value on parts.

partybish

ClioSport Club Member
That’s incredible value for all those bits, enjoying this thread - can’t wait to see what you do to it!

I used to have a moonstone HDI which I did a lot of work to. I still have a set of 17” Wheelmania Lions that I’m looking to sell at some point - they made the car look epic.

LY Megane R26 230
That’s incredible value for all those bits, enjoying this thread - can’t wait to see what you do to it!

I used to have a moonstone HDI which I did a lot of work to. I still have a set of 17” Wheelmania Lions that I’m looking to sell at some point - they made the car look epic.
Yeah i think they were selling stock off as the front discs were something like 8 quid each!

So these lions you have, how much do you want for them?