ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph 1 airbox question

audi s4/182 ff
Hi ,just a quick question I am just about to swop a crappy induction kit off my 182 and fit a ph 1 airbox ,what diameter are the two caf holes and should i bother fitting the pipes that came with the box on them or get caf pipes off ebay,and where should i locate these,i have just bought standard air filter but thinking of getting itg or pipercross filter all advice would be appreciated thanks belly60:)

53 Clio's & counting
Testing my old ph1 on my friends rollers, there was only 1 bhp difference between having the pipes on or off - best was one pipe on one off lol, a plus to leaving them off is fantastic induction noise :)

Lots of Alfas
I think they are 63mm, the standard pipes are a little restrictive as reduce down to something like 40mm

IMG_1907.jpg

audi s4/182 ff
i take it the caf's should go behind passenger headlight for coolest part of engine bay ?,is it worth putting in upgrade filter though ? do not want to spend fortunes trying to get best results and bring it back to standard looking engine bay for insurance purposes stealth all the way!!thanks for advice belly60

53 Clio's & counting
Id not bother with a panel filter - I have tried both an ITG filter and standard Paper one, and swapped between the 2 for about 25,000 miles, with no difference found.

1eight2
I've been running airbox with 2 pipes open, sounds brilliant and much better than a K&N filter I had on previously.

secret
I had one off and one on going to the fog, sounded brilliant, this was with the cup racing airbox setup though