ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph-quick now lowered and sexual!

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Finally got the eibach sportlines fitted, handles awesome now! Took her for a long drive yesterday across hudds, holmfirth and into manchester, best car ever, thought i'd share a few pics.

Next modds i think will be brembo max discs and mintex pads, a ph2 rear bumper, ph2 lights and prospeed stainless exhaust cut into the bumper.

Sam

20022008235.jpg

20022008234.jpg

20022008232.jpg

20022008231.jpg

20022008228.jpg

20022008224.jpg

PH2 172
looks smart mate i thought the eibach springs only lowered the sports by 30mm where did you buy them from.

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Venom motorsport. They worked out cheapest with postage ect, cant remember the exact price but around the £110 mark. Deffo recommend them, ordered online and they even gave me a call to let m know when it was all arriving.

Got them fitted at a local garage for £100. You can do it yourself pretty easy, i just didnt have the time or means. do a search on here and you will find a guide by fubar which is really good.

They might lower by 30mm, im not exactly sure, something around that anyway.

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
smart... but silver 15" f1's would be nicer imo

no no no, thats what i had before and they look far too small. Great for cornering, but s**t for traction.

maybe it was the colour definition between back and silver which made them look small, eitherway it was pants and everyone said the same.

plus everone has silver, thought i'd be a little different with a custom gunmetal grey....

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Oh the only other thing i need to do is change my rear tyres from 45 profile to a 40 to match the front! Thats why the rears might look a little bigger incase you were wondering!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
yer i fitted springs on me old corsa just easier to pay really aint it lol. looks good tho i like it. silver visions and clear indicators would set it off tho

PH2 172
cant really tell in the pics but does the wheels hug the arches nice i want to put coilovers on mine but cant afford it at mo so just going to put springs on.

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
yer i fitted springs on me old corsa just easier to pay really aint it lol. looks good tho i like it. silver visions and clear indicators would set it off tho

what are silver visions? yeah might get some clear indicator lenses, the orange ones do look pretty gash come to think of it!

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
cant really tell in the pics but does the wheels hug the arches nice i want to put coilovers on mine but cant afford it at mo so just going to put springs on.

Yeah they hug well on 17's but it all depends what size wheels you have i guess. If your going for springs i would really advise eibachs! Havent heared a bad word about them unlike nearly every other brand!

PH2 172
yeah im going to get eibachs just went on the venom website couldnt see springs for the 172 im running 16" speedline turinis just want them to hug the car and looked lowered.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
that's really nice. will look really good with the ph2 172 rear bumper and some clear indicators. think the wheels look really smart but an inch too big!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
wheels look hooge!

they ruin the drive too imo, i used to have a Ph1 with 17's... they lasted a month!

tramlined under braking, squirmed under acceleration and it lost all the precision completely

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
wheels look hooge!

they ruin the drive too imo, i used to have a Ph1 with 17's... they lasted a month!

tramlined under braking, squirmed under acceleration and it lost all the precision completely

Apart from them following the camber of the road i find them better than the 15's! certainly accelerating anyway, lots more control!

Was horrible though before i lowered it, but all sorted now!

Sam

PH2 172
did you order the springs from venom on the internet iv just looked and cant find 172 on the list does it look nice and low with the springs on.

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Looks really smart mate. Reckon it would look ten times better with those wheels recoated in white.

Yeah i thought about white wheels but my girlfriend HATES them. It is importaint that your car look attractive to women :approve: ;)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8

what are silver visions? yeah might get some clear indicator lenses, the orange ones do look pretty gash come to think of it!

they silver indicator bulbs for the headlights. they silver but light up orange. looks alot fresher as there is no orange in the front headlights

RS Megane DCi 175
Like Chris said, not a fan of the wheels - they look huge! 16" look spot on though. Nice drop I have to say - like the stance.