ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH ugly sport vs 106 GTI

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I have a soft spot for 106 Gtis just because they are that last of the old school hot hatch era (pure balls out on the edge driving) :)

I tested the 182 same time as a 106 and I had to choose the more grown up choice I'm afraid :)

120d M Sport
I am shocked to see that people think the 106 gives better steering feedback.

The only feedback I got was from the seat of my pants as the back end started to slide.

Mine felt totally numb compared to the 172.

I've heard some say this too and I can never relate to it - the steering is brilliant I find! For comparison I also used to run a MK5 Zetec S which is renowned for its good steering too. I can only assume people had worn steering components in these cases (highly likely with old Pugs lets face it!)

That said I haven't driven a Renaultsport Clio so can't compare steering feedback to that.

Dave, I miss that VTS! I'm showing it my mate to inspire him for his cheap VTS he picked up recently.