ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 1.2 Daily.

Mkll Ph1
So back in September i passed my test and went 2 days later to pick my my first car. My little ph1. This was how the car looked when i bought it. Standard.

jUdPCyt.jpg

I then went and made the rookie mistake of buying 18" alloys for it.

if8Gddx.jpg

Needless to say they didn't last long before they were in the shed and the steels were back in place while i looked out for some 15". 2 weeks later and i made the trip to Derry to pick up my new alloys off a Clio dynamique. Success.

ORpm50E.jpg

Next was to get it a bit lower so i didn't tower over everyone anymore. One set of 60mm springs later and its sitting pretty perfect for me.

ZYXMnBD.jpg

A3yhG9f.jpg

dpGj0hs.jpg

Few more things to add and it'll be perfect. New front fogs and a Fabia splitter are in the post. Clear side repeaters are then next along with wind deflectors and a subtle tint. All feedback is welcome :D.

Last edited:
Those wheels!

Glad you saw the light - it's looking much better now mate. Keep up the good work.

Did it come standard with colour coded bumpers? mine have stupid looking black strips even though they're classed as colour coded as the bottom bit is.

Mkll Ph1
Got some presents in the post just now =D.

Fog lights.jpg

Fabia Splitter.jpg

​Hopefully get these fitted soon if the weather picks up :).

Also does anyone know what screws i would need to fit the fogs? Just standard ones or nut and bolt ?

Got some presents in the post just now =D.

View attachment 97759

View attachment 97758

​Hopefully get these fitted soon if the weather picks up :).

Also does anyone know what screws i would need to fit the fogs? Just standard ones or nut and bolt ?

I literally used any old black screw, put a cable on the screw really tight, then screwed the screw into the cable tie. Its so much easier than using bolts, also if you can find the original style one they use a clip but i cant remember what they're called.

Mkll Ph1
Will be good to see what comes of this! Where are you from mate? Said you went to Derry so i assume Northern Ireland? I could be wrong.

Yeah ireland mate, makes it a little harder to find good parts near hand, than most others.

Mkll Ph1
Well no pictures because its been a horrid day but i thought i should update this with my plans anyway.

All going well I'm hoping to get my hands on a 172 front bumper. I love them on the ph1 and think they look much better than standard. Bit hard getting one around my parts though.

Next is either to go a few mm lower to remove the arch gap or upgrade to a set of 16" 172 alloys or oz f1's.

Then its a case of a cup spoiler and maybe a new rear bumper i can cut my exhaust into, everything after that is extras so it'll depend on my mood really.

Thoughts or ideas are welcomed. ?

Arctic 182FF
Plans sound good to me. If I was you I'd get as many ph2 parts on it as possible, cup spoiler, ph2 172 rear, ph2 rear clusters, maybe even ph2 side strips but that's just me. ph2 172 alloys don't look right on a ph1 to me (I may be the only one who thinks this) so I'd go for 15" oz f1s or something like turbines/renault 19 alloys/williams wheels, I'd definitely go with 15" wheels on a ph1. Also, grab yourself some clear side repeaters, they're only cheap.
Best of luck with the project.

P.S. nice colour ;)

Mkll Ph1
Cheers mate. Yeah i have the clear repeaters done and fogs in just not thought to take any recent photos the last month or so. I'd love a set of f1's or even turnis maybe but no one seems willing to ship any over the water and i cantget my hands on any around my parts. Definitely trying for a cup spoiler though :).

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
looks good is that royal blue?
needs some duel optic headlamps
originally the tops of the bumper,side strips,door handles and roof spoiler would of been plastic non-colour codded.

Mkll Ph1
Monaco i think it is.
Not too fused on the dual optics but mine definitely need a polish at least.
You sure mate? The woman i bought it off didn't seem like the modifying type just haha.

Arctic 182FF
I'd also recommend dual optics, I forgot to mention that in my last post. By the way I believe your car is odyssey blue. It looks like it to me (I also have an Odyssey), didn't think they did Monaco on ph1s, if they did I don't think there would've been many of them.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
To me it looks very like Royal Blue, odyssey and monaco are more metallic than that. And I had Royal blue for 3 years, it looks the same to me.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
yeah to me looks like mine thats why i asked ov460.

all non sports ph1 came non colour coded.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Looking good so far :) Fitting dual optic headlights along with fog lights massively improves the appearance from the front! Ditch the silly toe wrap though ;)

Mkll Ph1
NV432. I think thats monaco going from what people on here have said.

Fogs are in in just not wired as of yet :) once it stops raing from morning to night i can get a few recents up :).

This is a good base to start with man! I'm also from NI, so me, you and Kitson are now officially a crowd. Crowd's gotta meet some time!!
If you're in Derry, I'm in north down and Kitson's got near Ballymena sorted, we've nearly got the whole country ;)

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
NV432. I think thats monaco going from what people on here have said.

Fogs are in in just not wired as of yet :) once it stops raing from morning to night i can get a few recents up :).

just striped a nv432 rsi for bits nice colour when polished up.

Mkll Ph1
very nice!

WOuld look into getting your headlights restored, makes the front end 1000x better

yeah definitely they look like crap at the minute. Need to wire my fogs too but not sure weather to do it by buying a loom or by wiring them to a separate button myself.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nice tidy 1.2, I must say though, the cliosport sticker looks very out of place on the front there, especially as it looks a bit pissed.

As for the wheels, the 1.2's look great on 172 Ph2 wheels, 16". It's what I put mine on and it worked really well.

Mkll Ph1
Nice tidy 1.2, I must say though, the cliosport sticker looks very out of place on the front there, especially as it looks a bit pissed.

As for the wheels, the 1.2's look great on 172 Ph2 wheels, 16". It's what I put mine on and it worked really well.

Yeah I'm very on off about the sticker. I had it spare and thought I'd put it on somewhere. Liked it at the time and now it just depends on my mood i think.

Seen i few with the 172's they suit it too a tee i think. Half the reason i got the ones i have are because there wasn't any 172's in my price range at the time, but its either those or a set of f1's.

Mkll Ph1
Got a nice little parcel today :D.

29wq7co.jpg

Primed and ready to paint. Will either be getting it done this week or if i canmanage to get the front and rear bumpers im after it'll get done when they arrive :).

Mkll Ph1
Have just purchased myself a 172 front bumper :). Hoping to have it here next week then can get it painted along witht he cup wheni get back from legoland :p