ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ph1 172 advice

impreza p1
basically got turini's and ph2 back lights.

got a ph2 172 back bumper, do i get it sprayed and put that on or leave it as it is?

personally if i ever get a ph1 172 I'll keep standard alloys, ph2 rear lights, ph2 rear bumper, ph2 side strips

Monaco Blue Mk2
Defo get the bumper sprayed up and fitted, agree about a cup spoiler too. I'll get a pick tomorrow of mine with both, and also the turinis and ph2 rear lights like yours.

Stu - Have you wired the brake light up mate? Not even looked at mine to be honest. Can you just cut off original connector and join the wires?

Civic Type-R
Stu - Have you wired the brake light up mate? Not even looked at mine to be honest. Can you just cut off original connector and join the wires?[/quote]

Yup have wired the light up :) Easy job just take the original connector apart and pull the 2 wires out the back, then just plug the wires straight in to the new brake light. Jus careful not to let the wires touch as I did and blow a fuse :eek: Wrap tape around each wire to prevent this.

Monaco Blue Mk2
When you say, 'plug the wires straight into the new brake light'...I have my original connector with 2 thin wires, one black, one orangey colour. From the cup spoiler I just have one red wire, one black wire (both thicker than other 2) Connector has obviously already been cut off by previous owner to fit his ph1. As far as I can see I should be fine to just join the two blacks together and the red one with the orangey coloured one? ... I hate electrics! lol

Civic Type-R
Blue4Ever said:
When you say, 'plug the wires straight into the new brake light'...I have my original connector with 2 thin wires, one black, one orangey colour. From the cup spoiler I just have one red wire, one black wire (both thicker than other 2) Connector has obviously already been cut off by previous owner to fit his ph1. As far as I can see I should be fine to just join the two blacks together and the red one with the orangey coloured one? ... I hate electrics! lol
Hmm. The cup brake light I got was new from renault and just had a whole where a round connector should plug in with 2 thin metal pins. So I just plugged the black and red wires in to them. Maybe you need to take the wires out of the cup spoiler to see the pins :)