ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 advice

impreza p1
basically got turini's and ph2 back lights.

got a ph2 172 back bumper, do i get it sprayed and put that on or leave it as it is?

personally if i ever get a ph1 172 I'll keep standard alloys, ph2 rear lights, ph2 rear bumper, ph2 side strips

Civic Type-R
Personally I would leave it as it is and get a cup spoiler but thats just me ;)

p7160238in2.jpg

Monaco Blue Mk2
Defo get the bumper sprayed up and fitted, agree about a cup spoiler too. I'll get a pick tomorrow of mine with both, and also the turinis and ph2 rear lights like yours.

Stu - Have you wired the brake light up mate? Not even looked at mine to be honest. Can you just cut off original connector and join the wires?

Civic Type-R
Stu - Have you wired the brake light up mate? Not even looked at mine to be honest. Can you just cut off original connector and join the wires?[/quote]

Yup have wired the light up :) Easy job just take the original connector apart and pull the 2 wires out the back, then just plug the wires straight in to the new brake light. Jus careful not to let the wires touch as I did and blow a fuse :eek: Wrap tape around each wire to prevent this.

Monaco Blue Mk2
When you say, 'plug the wires straight into the new brake light'...I have my original connector with 2 thin wires, one black, one orangey colour. From the cup spoiler I just have one red wire, one black wire (both thicker than other 2) Connector has obviously already been cut off by previous owner to fit his ph1. As far as I can see I should be fine to just join the two blacks together and the red one with the orangey coloured one? ... I hate electrics! lol

Civic Type-R
Blue4Ever said:
When you say, 'plug the wires straight into the new brake light'...I have my original connector with 2 thin wires, one black, one orangey colour. From the cup spoiler I just have one red wire, one black wire (both thicker than other 2) Connector has obviously already been cut off by previous owner to fit his ph1. As far as I can see I should be fine to just join the two blacks together and the red one with the orangey coloured one? ... I hate electrics! lol

Hmm. The cup brake light I got was new from renault and just had a whole where a round connector should plug in with 2 thin metal pins. So I just plugged the black and red wires in to them. Maybe you need to take the wires out of the cup spoiler to see the pins :)