ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 air intake pipe options? HELP!!

V6 230
Hi,
I have searched and read numerous threads about Ph1 air intake pipes and am a bit unsure of what to do :dapprove:

If i get a BMC CDA induction kit is there any SAMCO or HILLPOWER style pipes that i could get to fit my Ph1?

I am fairly handy with the spanners, so am not affraid of some modifications if needed but dont wanna spend £50 for something that will never fit no matter what you do.

Any help much appreciated :)

Civic Type-R
Do this ;) Sounds awesome! Got an ITG Filter in the airbox.

mod5dp4.jpg

Much better than standard crap feeds:

mod3ox6.jpg

340i
Do this ;) Sounds awesome! Got an ITG Filter in the airbox.

mod5dp4.jpg

Much better than standard crap feeds:

mod3ox6.jpg

I am going to be attempting this over the weekend...

If i get my panel filter (hopefully it should come today) what diameter are the new air feeds?

V6 230
Looks good mate, so this sounds much louder than standard? Looks interesting! So simply remove the two little pipes and relocate the longer ones to behind the headlight or anywhere that recieves good airflow!

Civic Type-R
It sounds bloody good :) really wallows when you floor it. I removed the headlight and cut away a lot of the plastic that was underneath it to give better airflow. The feeds come out just behind where the intake in the front bumber is just underneath the headlight. Whole lot including filter cost me £65

V6 230
Definately having a go at this when the feed pipes come :)

I take it you got 2meters of the pipe mate?

Civic Type-R
Nice one! Hope you have fun fitting it all. You might find that the jubilee clips dont really work on the CAF as its very strong though.

340i
My panel filter came today..

when i came to fit the filter i noticed 2 of the 4 clips on my air box lid were missing!!!

And renault dont supply these grrr...

RS RIP
Nicely done !!

I've been told before that this phase one airbox is really good.

Can this be fitted on a make two (2003) ? Also keeping in mind that mine has the acoustic valve ..

Nice mod, these pipes/tubes are expensive here in Holland, 35pounds for a piece aprox 1 meter....
They come with the Viper Kit :nono:

I'm really interested, air is what a car needs

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
  RS RIP
Nicely done !!

I've been told before that this phase one airbox is really good.

Can this be fitted on a make two (2003) ? Also keeping in mind that mine has the acoustic valve ..

Nice mod, these pipes/tubes are expensive here in Holland, 35pounds for a piece aprox 1 meter....
They come with the Viper Kit :nono:

I'm really interested, air is what a car needs
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=211003&highlight=%A340+maxogen ;)

Hey, looking good there !
nice one thanx !

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
if the ph1 172 airbox is so good why do people bother buying induction kits? I dont get it but i want a bmc cda n put the CAF to the fog light. Waste of money or?

V6 230
To be honest mate i did this last week and am very impressed with it :)

Sounds very nice and cost hardly anything compared to induction kits

V6 230
Yep, ive got an ITG panel filter in my standard airbox then get rid of the original CAF and replace with two 70mm pipes and locate them in cold air flow.

Makes a nice noise, quieter than open filter but just loud enough!