ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Downpipe

225 Cup & Williams
I gave Btb exhaust a call today to purchase a stealth system for my ph1 172 the only problem is that the guy said ph1's have 2 different lengths of down pipe he said the ones with 2 cats have a longer pipe and the cars with 1 lambda have a shorter pipe, is this true? As I've never heard of it. They guy from
Btb said I would need to go down there and have the system made on my car if my Downpipe is shorter which is a bit s**t since im in Edinburgh. Anybody help with this?

Ph1
Find out which cat / downpipe you have. There might not be a problem?

If it is shorter could you not just get a ph2 172 (longer) downpipe :S

225 Cup & Williams
Just had a look and I've got a shorter Downpipe with one lambda in the cat. I'm not sure on the ph2 Downpipe I'll have a look into that.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yup, the only difference is length. I used to run the twim lambda cat, yozza fitted fine, now running the 182 manifold, ktec decat link pipe and yozza. The twin lambda is the same length as the ph2 cat.

225 Cup & Williams
Shhweeet I thought I was going have to get a bit welded on to the btb. Need to find myself a 2 lambda cat now. Cheers John

Ph1
If you can't find a twin lambda version you could always lengthen the one you have. Would probably work out a lot cheaper cutting and extending it than buying a 2nd hand cat unless you got lucky