ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 172 Idle Reving

Have a bit of a problem, my 172 has started idling wierd, when the car is cold everything is fine, it only when it gets up to temp when i put the clutch in and just sit idle the revs sit at 2k and bounce between 1.5k and 2k.

Otherwise the car is 100% and drives fine, its just when i the cars idle the revs just sit at 2k.

1st thought was idle control valve?

Any ideas?

Clio 172 exclusive
Have a bit of a problem, my 172 has started idling wierd, when the car is cold everything is fine, it only when it gets up to temp when i put the clutch in and just sit idle the revs sit at 2k and bounce between 1.5k and 2k.

Otherwise the car is 100% and drives fine, its just when i the cars idle the revs just sit at 2k.

Any ideas?
Hi im not an expert but had a similar problem on a car of mine! it was the Air flow meter! i do know when a cars engine is up to temp, if its "hunting" technical term lol! its runnig rich on the fueling! could be an air leak in a hose on the induction side also! ECU senses extra air and adds extra fuel!
Sorry cant be more help!
Lee

Megane 225

Any ideas?

It's telling you sell me and buy a 225 mate! Seriously tho sounds like a Air Flow sensor. Did you get her sorted? My 1st thought wud be idle control valve, but that wud cause the revs to be out whether hot or cold!