RichMcc Car Audi TT 225 Apr 12, 2007 #1 If a magnet doesn't stick to my ph1 172 bonnet does that mean its got one of the light weight alloy ones? Also does anyone know the weights of, or which is lighter: - - Alloy Bonnet - Carbon skin bonnet e.g K-Tech - Full Carbon Bonnet Cheers
If a magnet doesn't stick to my ph1 172 bonnet does that mean its got one of the light weight alloy ones? Also does anyone know the weights of, or which is lighter: - - Alloy Bonnet - Carbon skin bonnet e.g K-Tech - Full Carbon Bonnet Cheers
cat171 ClioSport Club Member Apr 12, 2007 #2 Just by lifting the bonnet you'll know, the alu one weights sweet fa.
Day Apr 12, 2007 #3 Or when it flies up and only lightly damages the windscreen you will then know for sure...
J JuanBoy Car RS Clio 172 Ph1 Apr 12, 2007 #6 Giles said: alloy bonnet is the lighter Click to expand... Surely you'd need two bonnets to compare
RichMcc Car Audi TT 225 Apr 12, 2007 #8 I've only ever lifted my own bonnet..... you calling me a bonnet lifter? :clown: Well the wind blows it about and a magnet doesn't stick to it so Im guessing I got an alloy, sweeeeet Anyone know if they're lighter than the carbon / carbon skin flavours?
I've only ever lifted my own bonnet..... you calling me a bonnet lifter? :clown: Well the wind blows it about and a magnet doesn't stick to it so Im guessing I got an alloy, sweeeeet Anyone know if they're lighter than the carbon / carbon skin flavours?
Day Apr 12, 2007 #9 Yes, lighter than a regular carbon bonnet. I'll have yours if you don't want it Rich
davebem Car Lots of Alfas Apr 13, 2007 #13 I think mine maybe an alloy bonnet, its loads lighter than my brothers mk2ph2 bonnet.
Middo Car Chocolate Bar™ Apr 13, 2007 #14 i've had both on mine and the alloy one was noticably lighter. If you have a green shift light on your dash you have an alloy bonnet
i've had both on mine and the alloy one was noticably lighter. If you have a green shift light on your dash you have an alloy bonnet
RichMcc Car Audi TT 225 Apr 13, 2007 #15 Its not a shift light its a "Change gear or Im going to die" light! But yes I got one of those green lights LOL Screw the carbon bonnet idea then!
Its not a shift light its a "Change gear or Im going to die" light! But yes I got one of those green lights LOL Screw the carbon bonnet idea then!
JR Apr 13, 2007 #16 Middo said: i've had both on mine and the alloy one was noticably lighter. If you have a green shift light on your dash you have an alloy bonnet Click to expand... not true, dan did not have both on his.
Middo said: i've had both on mine and the alloy one was noticably lighter. If you have a green shift light on your dash you have an alloy bonnet Click to expand... not true, dan did not have both on his.
Middo Car Chocolate Bar™ Apr 13, 2007 #17 ^ not true if its had a crash as far as i'm aware they're made at the same factory and therefore have both components. Think this came from edde
^ not true if its had a crash as far as i'm aware they're made at the same factory and therefore have both components. Think this came from edde
G Giles Car Clio 197 Apr 13, 2007 #23 lol I can see it in my mk2 RSi speedo got a gear show pics(shift light) on it but not see the light come up yet or maybe I havn't done a higher rev! lol
lol I can see it in my mk2 RSi speedo got a gear show pics(shift light) on it but not see the light come up yet or maybe I havn't done a higher rev! lol