ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 throtle cable?

clio mk2 ph1 172
today a i was cleaning out my throtle body and noticed that where the throtle cable is there is a clip and you can adjust where the clip goes,

i pulled it off and moved it a few notches to the left which moved the throtle ped up, it feels better being a tad higher but was wondering if moving the clip over just moves the pedal position or does it affect anything else?

any help would be great cheers

SQ5
Awesome, never knew this, Cheers Danny

My pedals sit like this --_ althought the clutch is actually lower than that so they all kind of sit \ but not as steep lol!

Clio RS
If you remove the clip or put it to the end of the throttle side your throttle wont be WOT. Adjust the clip kickdown the pedal and check if the throttle WOT or not. I was runnig %76 throttle for a long time because of this!

So it is not for pedal adjustment, it is used to adjust WOT

ITB'd MK1
If you remove the clip or put it to the end of the throttle side your throttle wont be WOT. Adjust the clip kickdown the pedal and check if the throttle WOT or not. I was runnig %76 throttle for a long time because of this!

So it is not for pedal adjustment, it is used to adjust WOT

it IS for pedal adjustment, you just have to make sure you get WOT

Titanium 182
How should it be adjustetd then ? I'm assuming we're talking about the little rubber thing that you can click left & right on the right hand side of the TB ?

I messed with mine the other day when cleaning the butterfly valve, could I have adjusted it and not be getting wot ?

BMW M5 & E36
Adjust it with the clip so that your pedal's in a comfy position, and just have a quick check that when you have it fully depressed that the throttle body butterly is fully open. Simples.

clio mk2 ph1 172
ive just been and had another look at mine coz of what was sed bout WOT,
as you look at the engine its now 4 notches in from the the right which has taken a lot of slack out of the cable as it was rite at the end lol