ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 towing RS 200 Gordini!

nnf

Ph1 172
Got a call from my mate earlier to say his RS 200 Gordini had broken down (less than 8k on the clock!) so the trusty Ph1 172 went to the rescue. Anyone would think it should be the other way round! Here's a few pics...

IMG_0578.jpgIMG_0582.jpgIMG_0580.jpg

nnf

Ph1 172
16" OZ alloys, were on the car when I got it but slightly different to the F1's. Tow rope is just a sh1t one I picked up from the garage but did the job!

182, 6r GTi
for future reference its ilegal to tow on a rope now it has to be a bar. i would be rather anoyed if id just bought a 200 and it broke down. good effort :)

nnf

Ph1 172
for future reference its ilegal to tow on a rope now it has to be a bar. i would be rather anoyed if id just bought a 200 and it broke down. good effort :)

Thanks, I didn't know that! Passed the police a couple of time and nothing was said though. Maybe it's one of those England/Scotland laws where it applies to one and not the other...or maybe they were just renault sport fans haha ;)

nnf

Ph1 172
OP are your wheels o.z ultralageras? 16s? look really good on it

I'm pretty sure they're the OZ Superleggera's, the guy I bought it off didn't know the name of them. I'll get a close-up photo of the wheels when they're clean to see if anyone can confirm this!

and ye they're 16's. I personally think 15's look too small but my car hasn't been dropped any so 15's can look good on a lower car.

nnf

Ph1 172
Aye he phoned Renault Assist but they were going to be 2 hours to come out, wouldn't have had the same comedy value as the Ph1 towing it anyway!

And I don't know what's wrong with it yet...he dropped keys in to Renault first thing on fri morning and they said they didn't have time to look at it til monday...Renault garage up here is useless tbh!!