ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 with ph2 172 bumper on it

clio dci
hi phoned my insureance up and did a check for a ph1 172 and its not to bad 1 year driving a 1 year ncb going cost 2100. very tempted but im woundering if i when to a body shop would they be able to fit ph2 frount and back bumper on this would look great has any one ever done this? pics if they have:approve:

jamie

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Front will be very difficult and fiddly, but the rear will definately fit.

Middo has done the rear to his ph1 172...

but £2100 per year for a 172... woahhhhhhh

320d
If you change the front bumper you need phase 2 front wings, headlights, arch liners, different fog lights, grill and bonnet.

Just save up and get a phase 2 if you want a 172 that much

Paying £2k plus on insurance just isn't worth it certainly not for a clio as much as i love them myself

Chocolate Bar™
Takes a bit of work but the bumper fits ok, I fitted mine myself

yellowsub3-1.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

ibiza cupra
you would probly need to change the front panel too which would mean arsing about with the radiator and stuff too and the amount it would cost you to buy the car and have the work done at a body shop you might as well save it up and get a ph2. there isnt much difference in insurance cost between the two either

Meg 230 R26 F1
to the owner of the yellow 172...when you say it takes a bit of work, do you mean it needs any modification to the bumper or car to fit the ph2 bumper...or does it just bolt straight on, and take a while to do?

p.s. do you possibly have your ph1 bumper for sale?

(sorry if this counts as hijacking a thread)

PH1 172 Sport
Please dont ruin the front end of a PH1 they are rare enough as it is without somebody changing it into a PH2.

98 Clio 1.2
Sorry for the thread hi-jack, but would a phase 2 172 bumper fit onto a phase 1 1.2? Just wondering cus the 172's look a little wider?

ZX6R B1H
wider wings to suit the wider track if you dont mind getting your hands dirty the changeover isnt that hard. Getting the gaps correct is prob the hardest bit about it. Oh and the headlight connections will differ aswell, so you would have to rig up some wiring for them.