ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 and 172 cup rear axle difference

phase 1 172
can anyone confirm the rear axle width of the ph1 172 and 172 cup ?

im transplanting the subframe arms struts etc from my cup to my ph1 but as far as i can gather the ph1 rear axle is slightly wider or atleast its stub axles are thinner

did the ph1 and ph2 main axle differ at all ?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
172 cup stub axle mount is 5mm thinner to account for the rim offset.

Rear beams are the same bar the 182 which has the extra plating underneath the stub axle pickups.

Many.
Rear beams are the same bar the 182 which has the extra plating underneath the stub axle pickups.

This intrigued me, So I checked the two beams I have here, off cars, 02 172 and a 04 182, I can't see any differance, Bar maybe the ARB being thicker on the 182, However that could just be its covered in more dirt and crud.

Would love to be prooved wrong though!!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
This intrigued me, So I checked the two beams I have here, off cars, 02 172 and a 04 182, I can't see any differance, Bar maybe the ARB being thicker on the 182, However that could just be its covered in more dirt and crud.

Would love to be prooved wrong though!!

Early:
172_beam.jpg

Later:
182_beam.jpg

evo 2000 manual:
Clio_cup_manual_2000_combined 67 copy.jpg

evo 2004 manual:
noticecliocup2006 69 copy.jpg

Many.
The latter there, looks exactly the same?

And the former, that red bit? Nothing like my 182 beam.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
The latter there, looks exactly the same?

And the former, that red bit? Nothing like my 182 beam.

That was my point - there was no difference in the bar thickness. It was 22mm throughout.

The later beam is as per the picture and has additional plating on it -'the red bit'. If yours doesn't have that, it's obviously the earlier variant.

Many.
I missed the ARB bit, not paying attention! lol

Interesting though, Will have to keep an eye out as I don't remember seeing a "later" one.

Everyday is a school day!