ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 - Back to life and new OZ F1 16" wheels

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
16" FTW! Best of both worlds... (15" / 17")

The Renault spec. O.Z.'s have a 'extra lip' over the regular O.Z. F1's.

IMG_0152.jpg

Awesome, I take it those are 16"'s too. The really suit the Ph2 as well IMO.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
I really like the car but why oh why did you spend 2.3 k on a head? Surely you buy another engine or even a new car???!! My Ph1 was 2k

I hear what you're saying...A new engine is still a gamble, mines only done 66k and I've had the Car from 12k so know most of the history. As for a replacement car, I've put H&R colies on, the trophy spoiler, new radiator, new brakes, new wheel bearings, re-trimmed steering wheel, new exhaust, loads more so spent a lot on it.

Maybe it was the wrong decision, but I had two choices. Right off and find a car for the same money or spend the money.

Octavia VRS
Out of interest, was the belt overdue a change or did it just go out of the blue?

Renault seem to think that you can replace every 72k/5 years... seems a long time...

Love the Ph1 tho mate!

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Out of interest, was the belt overdue a change or did it just go out of the blue?

Renault seem to think that you can replace every 72k/5 years... seems a long time...

Love the Ph1 tho mate!

It's a sore subject. I have the cambelt and auxilary belts changes around 3 years ago when the car was on about 35k miles. So either was it was not due to be done again.

When the garage (a different one) took it apart they told me the auxilary belt had a big chip that came off it and made the cambelt slip. Just really bad luck I think.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
glad you seen the light (again) chris lol. looks mint as per. Mines up for sale now just put a deposite down on a mk4 r32 today :)

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
glad you seen the light (again) chris lol. looks mint as per. Mines up for sale now just put a deposite down on a mk4 r32 today :)

Cheers Jon, Sad to see you're selling up. I luv the R32 tho' Have fun dude.

Octavia VRS
It's a sore subject. I have the cambelt and auxilary belts changes around 3 years ago when the car was on about 35k miles. So either was it was not due to be done again.

When the garage (a different one) took it apart they told me the auxilary belt had a big chip that came off it and made the cambelt slip. Just really bad luck I think.

unlucky :(

i changed mine at 57k....and it was pretty much 5 years old.

i dont think it had much life left in it to be honest!

I never thought i'd say this but the F1's actually look better on your car than your leggera's!? ignoring the size difference etc. spot on mate

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Chris, you may have just gone and convinced me to go and get a ph1 next year over a cup, I absolutely love that! Vee spoiler looks spot on too.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Looks lovely that...Combination of Vee spoiler, 16" F1's - both of which are quite rare - really make it

Cheers, I took me ages to find them both. It's what the Ph1 should have had in the first place IMO.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
I never thought i'd say this but the F1's actually look better on your car than your leggera's!? ignoring the size difference etc. spot on mate

Cheers I was in two minds for ages. I bought some after market F1's and ended up selling them on. The original reanault ones seem less chunky.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Chris, you may have just gone and convinced me to go and get a ph1 next year over a cup, I absolutely love that! Vee spoiler looks spot on too.

Cheers Luke...Do it, Ph1 getting quiet rare now. Worth it tho' if you can find a good one.

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
6 week of being back on the road and I'm absolutely luvin' this car again. It's running amazingly now with the new head.
Just got a new carbon fibre splitter hopefully fit it this weekend.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
6 week of being back on the road and I'm absolutely luvin' this car again. It's running amazingly now with the new head.
Just got a new carbon fibre splitter hopefully fit it this weekend.

ooo nice! do they need to be cut or anything to fit?

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
No they fit straight on and fit exactly. Tricky job tho' without either taking the bumper off or a mechanics pit. hehe

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Cheers Robbo.....I like the Ph1 bumper...even thinking about going back to the original Ph1 lights

......then who knows even put the old skool black side strips back on. :)

Clio 172 RS2
Awesome, I take it those are 16"'s too. The really suit the Ph2 as well IMO.

Hi Chris,

Yes 16"... previous owner went from original Dynamique to 182 wheels to Phase 1 wheels. Luckily for me.

22hzzfmediumyq2.jpg

Come spring, car will be lowered (Eibach's) and F1's will be painted/baked in a Tungsten grey.

I just like the spidery look of the spokes.

Cheers Robbo.....I like the Ph1 bumper...even thinking about going back to the original Ph1 lights

......then who knows even put the old skool black side strips back on. :)
I'm the same dude, i was going to put a PH2 rear bumper on mine but i decided it had a bit more character with its own bumper on, plus didnt want to be called a sheep lol

I love the OZ's in 16's - I reckon the mk2 vee spoiler is a bit too big, the letters in the grill aren't my cuppa. Plain plates would look fresher.

All in all though, very nice.