ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Clear lights... again

I know that this has been posted before but I cant find it. Does anyone know the address of the site selling phase 1 clio clear rear clusters? I managed to find In-pros Newer Clio clusters, but these obvious wont look too smart. If anyone could point me in the correct direction Id be very grateful. Thank you. Andi

clio 20v

apparantly ace tuning in france do them but u have to send them ur old clusters and they make them clear so it works out at about 250 quid, and i dont know any1 who speaks french if i did id have some .there website is www.chez.com/tunning/. i coulnt find anythin on clear clusters on the site but they defo do them maybe u could e-mail them. its stupid that no 1 does clio clear clusters i know loads of people that would have them. but if i got some from france there woundnt b many people with them

clio 20v

or look in general clio discussion cos this has come up bfore theres a place in germany the thread date is 30/12/2001

clio 20v

im goin to try and order some if they can understand some half german half english speakin fool on the phone (i got a D in my GCSE) and i hope they will send them to england i will let u know how i get on

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

well hopefully they got someone who speaks a bit of pigeon english, what colours your car? I really want em, but am not gona fork out that kind of cash on lights, unless theyre very special.

clio 20v

mines silver they do look cool and no 1 else would have them, but ur right 250 is a bit much and id have to pay to get them sent over here aswell. i tried ringin the number but it is not recognised im goin to try an e-mail them. also ive seen sum quad rear lights from quadconversions which have clear lenses and LEDs but there 289 have a look at www.quadcoversions.com otherwise i might buy sum standard clio clusters an spray em silver to see what they look like so if they r sh*t i dont hav to fit em

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

yeah i saw the LED ones, but wasnt impressed with pics of em on a clio, but im not sure if thats just the colour of the car, i think theyd look 100 times better in silver or black

clio 20v

yey managed to get the fone no for germans to work (i was doin it wrong i dont fone abroad very often ok) but they was shut, so im getin my gf to ring (she got higher german GCSE grade than me) so i will let u know how i get on, if any1 really wants some and have money i will try an order a few sets post back if ur intersested, at current exchange rate they r 223 quid but wont know how much to send them here yet

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

well i get paid on thursday, ill sort out how much i got spare and might be wanting some if you can hang on till then, they are a ridiculous price but am sure theyll look sweet on my car I was gonna save for alloys, ah well.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

oh you know on the site where it has two prices, is the cheaper price for an exchange? Do you reckon we could do that?

clio 20v

they do look well cool hav u seen the pic on the site yet? ive got to pay off some of my credit card yet so i wont b orderin for a week or so cos ill have to pay in euros, ill try an get them to giv me a price to send them here shouldnt b too much but ill pay 4 individuality in this case cos they will look sooooo good

Knowing no German whatsoever, I just managed to find a picture of those lights... gorgeous. The money isnt an issue, Im concerned if theyre road legal or not, they dont appear to have any reflectors. Any ideas?

clio 20v

not sure about this but the krauts have that TUV thing instead of MOT which is supposed to b a t**t well more strict than our MOT so i think they r legal ive bin tryin to translate some of the information and i think it says they r road legal. the other price is exchange but how would we do this? either drive round with no clusters till they send us clear ones or buy another set to send, this would prob end up more expensive 400 euros is 223 quid at current ex rate

Any idea how they do it, they actually make normal clusters clear? Theyre beauties and would love a pair no matter of the price, but the buying and arranging of transit is gonna be a big pain in the bottom. They look completely clear, you sure they hae reflectors? I dont fancy having extra fogs etc...

Otherwise, get em ordered!

Andi

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

the only thing im worried about is getting them, then a month later ABC or whoever finally bringing out some clear rears for a reasonable price

Think Wongy found out bout them a while back. Remember him saying that they cut out the class and replace it with clear glass or something?
Cant see anywhere else making them tho. Renault wont release the moldings for the units so they cant be copied.

Tony

A friend of mine is getting me info on a company over here that does the same job, old clusters come back clear and its only about £180, he says they do it to all kinds of cars so must be a similar process. Once i get the places name and number Ill post it.

Andi

Clio Gtt

a friend has lent me a french tuning mag and in the back there is a clio with clear clusters, who can i email the pic to so they can but it up here.