ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Clio 172 Misfiring/Lumpy Idle

BTB'd PH1 172
Hey guys, first ever post on here so I'll try not to sound too noobie. Right basically I started my car up yesterday and it was misfiring badly and it smells of petrol aswell.
I've taken it to a garage today and they plugged it in to a diagnostics machine and it came up with the fail on the coilpack. So they changed that but it was still the same. So then they changed they HT leads and all for spark plugs, still no joy. Then they checked all the injectors and they were all fine. Checked the compression on all 4 cylinders and that was fine too. The spark was fine, air is getting in fine, all the injectors work so I'm completely at a loss as to what it could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D. Thanks, Tom

Lambda sensor in the exhaust could be broken so it could be running really rich, but if it's really lumpy then plugs, coils, leads would be my first port of call too...

Not much help there really, sorry lol

corsa ecoflex
what garage in maidenhead was it mate...i work at a garage in maidenhead so i know it wasnt mine...please tell me it wasnt moorside motors

BTB'd PH1 172
Nah mate defiantly not there, I've heard bad things about them as well. Place called Bourne End Garage in Bourne End

Ph1
Just guessing but take it all these new parts your having to pay for as they try and find out whats wrong?

To me it sounds like they dont have a clue what their doing. Id take it to the main dealer and bite the bullet

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just had exactly the same thing.

Turns out the HT leads I bought (Non-gen ones) were duff. Needed about 2mm trimming off the ends so they fitted the coil pack properly.

Bobs your uncle.