ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 dyno power run.

Inferno 225 cup
Had my car on the dyno near my house as I was curious of the power, seen as its 13yrs old I'd see what power it makes.

I took it to Peter burgess across road from my house, him and Keith are really great guys, not that fond of modern cars as they like to tune old mg's/ rovers. They also forge and rebuild engines and can also machine parts too.

Here is a couple of pics to start with.

These are the motors from next door that Norris Motorsport have been fettling with.
8a2y8upe.jpg

So mods are stealth exhaust and Sr's induction kit.

Mine
enasuzyd.jpg

8ysa5ymy.jpg

The results.
utumeryv.jpg

vepe6unu.jpg

zara9u6e.jpg

Really please with the results to be honest and I really wasn't expecting anything near.

The rollers are fairly accurate, so I've been told but I really don't mind having a power run on any others.

I'm ready for the comments and criticism :)

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums...558B6FFF-479-00000061DAA4669A_zps95b3a64c.mp4

Last edited:

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
God I really want a moonstone grey ERST!

Where abouts in derby is this clarkey as I work in derby?

RB 182 195bhp
A bloke I know ran his ph2 on a rolling road recently too, with just a s/s exhaust and it made 190 odd bhp at the flywheel. Odd that these cars are putting out that power with such small odds. What's it all about?

Inferno 225 cup
What's the difference between max hp and eng hp then?

I'm reading that as 185bhp but I'm also useless taking stuff like this in.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Take and average of the max power and torque figures and it's 184bhp and 173lbft.

That's exactly the same mine is putting out with ITG filter, ported head, matches inlets, Piper cams, 182 manifold and sports cat. So very good figures if they're accurate :)

Cup In bits
18% transmission loses.

I.e engine power (at the flywheel) 200bhp x 0.18 = 36bhp loses through the gearbox so power at the wheels would be 164bhp.

EDIT: 200bhp is just an example (I.e)

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
212bhp?

Wow, thats some epically generous dyno there!

Shows how utterly pointless dyno runs are unless everyone goes on the same dyno!

I'd be impressed if it got within 30bhp of that at somewhere sensible like Surrey Rolling Road!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Optimism rules there it would seem. That power and torque from that engine with those mods is defying the laws of physics (and CS).

Regardless, so long as you are happy with how it drives that's all that matters...just don't start believing that your car has that amount of power and torque!

Evo
My old cammed and ITB'd 182 made 207bhp...

​does it feel quick, how does it compare to other clios you've played with?

Inferno 225 cup
My old cammed and ITB'd 182 made 207bhp...

​does it feel quick, how does it compare to other clios you've played with?

It feels quick but no where near 212, all I've done is have it dyno'd not just make up random number ha. I've played with a few clios and my ph1 was gaining, and yeah I would say it feels quick, a lot quicker than my last 182 tbh.

Will be going to rst for a power run and see the big difference in power loss ha.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Looks mint on Dyno mate running strong power they're for a 13 year old engine! I'm after a ph1 epic little cars