ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 head onto ph2 172 block

ph2 172
Hey guys,

I've got what I believe to be a ph1 head, with a 182 rocker cover. I'd like to fit this to my ph2 172 block with standard 172 inlets.

I've seen that the breather plates are different between 172 and 182, and they are NOT interchangeable. I've also heard that you cant just swap rocker covers over because they are matched to the head.

What is the easiest way to get it fitted and working?
Can I just bolt the rocker cover on from my 172 and it will be okay or will i need to do something else?

edit: just thinking it could be a 182 head, with ported exhaust manifold, inlet looks like it hasn't been touched thought, hoping its a ph1

Thanks
James

ph2 172
If it is a 182 head that had exhaust port work, is it possible for me to use the 172 lower inlet, 182 upper inlet, put the breather pipe straight onto the 182 upper inlet and bolt my throttle body on?

ph2 172
Right after comparing some pictures on here to the engine I have.

It appears I have a 182 engine/head and need to put it into a 172. Searching as much as I can, i've found that if i use the 182 plenum, everything will fit just the carboncan pipe goes onto the plenum, and there is an extra line on the plenum i need to block. is this right?