ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 on coilovers... Finally!

a low one
fitted my vmaxx coilovers ( GAZ springs on the back thanks to Dave!) a week or so back so thought id post up a few pics

still need the tracking set up but loving them tbh

sorry for phone pics :)

car1.jpg

car3.jpg

car2.jpg

car5.jpg

car4.jpg

car6.jpg

Thanks Jake

BMW E36 328
sits well. dont like the air intake tho.

Yellow? paint it the same as the car and remove the other fog light

a low one
i can guarantee its not swirls ...

yeah mixed bag on the yellow trumpet, some love some hate

considering getting another fog to replace it

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
i almost got a set but the ride comfort thoughts put me off! is it shocking the ride?

ride didnt overly bother me tbh! supose it coulda been worse ha if you were driving down the motorway or something and you hit a dip in the road the wheels would sometimes rub on the inside of the rear arches! lol i was on 15s too. how far down are you at the front?

a low one
probably a wise decision by me then as im on 16s too. the fronts wound down all the way on vmaxx but not a clue how low that actually is! probably around 80mm maybe?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
aye would be close on the 16s! did you have to put spacers on the front? my 172 wheels hit the coilovers on the front. thats why i ended up on 15s as they were in the shed! mine were would all the way down too! good man ;) had considerd taking out the helper springs to go lower though :p

a low one
i found out the hard way and shaved the 2 inner walls on the tyres :( thought it was the plastic arch liners scrubbing a little, ran it litterally down the road and stopped due to the smoke pouring from the arches aha. took the wheels off to find rubber shavings everywhere and 2 ruined tyres so running 15mm hubcentrics now!

im also considering the helper spring removal option! its slow so it may aswell be low :rasp:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
lol! low ftw ;) you thaught about rubber band tyres? i had 165x40s on my 16" porkers. made it sit lower at the front too! and i think theyd look mint on the 172 wheels! :rasp:

a low one
Do you think stretch would suit them?

And its just a peco backbox with centre box removed, love the sound tbh!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
i think itd look pretty cool. i had thaught about putting them on my 172 wheels at one point. heres a few pics of them

the stretch:

IMG_0532.jpg

how low it sat at the front

DSC_0177-1.jpg

then on 15s with the custom springs at the back. 50 + 45 profile tyres though :(

IMG_0863.jpg