ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 172 Cup Catalytic Converter Help

Clio 172 Cup
So I have a 172 Cup track car that i have purchased from one of the guys at work. First post so go easy!
Slowly sorting the issues out and i wanted to get CAT put on it for MOT time. Its currently de-catted.

It was supplied with a catalytic converter but it doesnt look like the right one

It currently has a straight De-CAT pipe but the CAT i have been supplied (when the car was sold to me) has a kink on one of the ends.

Im thinking that at some point in its life it may have had a 182 Manifold. Anyone shed any light on this?
Can i get the below CAT back on the car or do i have to get something like this.

Pics below - I gave it a polish this week so gratuitous shiny car shot too!

IMG_9654.jpeg
IMG_9660.jpeg
IMG_9661.jpeg

IMG_9531.jpeg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi. That is fitted with a 182 Manifold and decat pipe looking at the picture.

Someone has modified the standard 172 cat by chopping the ends off and welding 182 joins on.

With a 182 manifold on a 172 you need to use either a sports car(I have a ktec one) or decat pipe as the standard 182 cat is too long to join to the 172 system.

That cat could work. Be easy to just swap it in and if it works all good! They just put the decat back on @drivebyabuser

Clio 172 Cup
Hi. That is fitted with a 182 Manifold and decat pipe looking at the picture.

Someone has modified the standard 172 cat by chopping the ends off and welding 182 joins on.

@drivebyabuser

Thanks @Mbeau that makes loads of sense. I will have a bash at putting the one i have on and getting a ticket on it. Does the Ktec one you have fitted make any apreciable difference?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks @Mbeau that makes loads of sense. I will have a bash at putting the one i have on and getting a ticket on it. Does the Ktec one you have fitted make any apreciable difference?

I have the same set up as you. Decat and the cat for mot. I have been too lazy to swap the cat back out since the last mot so it's still fitted. It is well made, but from what I have read they don't seem to meet emissions standards for very long. A good exhaust place should be able to make up a good 200 cell cat to fit. If that is an original Clio 172 cat they are worth a small fortune in scrap!!!