ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 flamer resurrection

182 BG
bought this shed off eBay for 300 to tinker around with it's got fairly tatty bodywork and interior and a snapped cambelt so it's well dead at the moment.

plans are get the head off and inspect the damage and rebuild(if not BER)

then I will do a trackday and see what I break

20180622_193016_zpsqzmxekzx.jpg

182 BG
This afternoon I got stuck into the engine strip down to find out what damage was done when the belt went, discovered that the aux belt is also missing so this could have been a factor in the failure.

yep that's proper snapped

20180623_120013_zpsz5aelqvh.jpg

sheered exhaust pulley must have gone with a bang

20180623_130809_zpsbquy2ebz.jpg

head ready to lift. swarf everywhere heads definitely going to need a through clean before rebuild

20180623_133338_zpsue0stzkd.jpg

so head off and bad news is all 16 valves are well bent. pistons are ok and it's not damaged the block so some good news. once I have removed the valves I can get a better look at the valve seats and combustion chamber to see if I can reuse the head

20180623_133634_zpsqbtsqcbn.jpg

I need to spin the crank just to check it's not seized and check the bores

IF the head is reusable i plan on replacing the stem seals, porting and camming the head and using uprated valves and valve springs. if I can't reuse the head the spec may have to drop slightly to allow me to pay for a replacement head

fitting a 182 manifold aswell at this stage as it's alot easier to fit now the heads off

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Is it not cheaper to buy a engine for £100 and take the head off?

182 BG
oh definitely but where's the fun in that plus i have access to all the tooling to build a good spec head. down the line I want itbs so it will pay off

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Id be stripping the bottom end to check pistons/rods and big ends with the valves kissing the pistons. Full freshen up if rebuilding.

182 BG
little update I have bought some 182 wheels for it to sit on and a 182 manifold and stainless stealth exhaust I'm also picking up some speedline 2118s tomorrow and a full set of brembo disks and a cup spoiler. my last purchase was a full set of supertech valves from engine dynamics. need to decide on the cams I want to run because will need to get them soon possibly piper285

I managed to source another exhaust pulley too which was harder than I thought! sorry for the lack of pics I will update photos soon as possible

182 BG
had a delivery from engine dynamics today

20180723_181847_zpst84etqmw.jpg

20180723_181858_zpsohs7cbso.jpg

only thing is I didn't order my valve springs ?

also my cup alternator setup arrived going to get brackets powder coated this weekend.

possibly have an itb setup coming my way aswell

182 BG
been a little while since I posted not had alot of time on the car I sent the head off for skimming and lapped in the new valves I stuck in some new stem seals while I was there never fitted them before was alot easier than I thought happy days

20180827_190750_zpsojvhlr3a.jpg

so I spent all evening in front of the t.v effin and jeffin fitting the valves back in bloody hate collets

my cams arrived today aswell which was a bonus so just need to wait until payday to buy the cam belt kit and should be good to go

20180828_172701_zpskdk88fxe.jpg

182 BG
I also fitted up my 182 manifold and stealth exhaust system not sure on the brand I bought it thinking it was a ktec but it's completely different to the ones they advertise on the ktec website so if anyone recognises the style let me know

20180629_173000_zpsvzhynrhv.jpg

182 BG
got the cylinder head fitted last night and torqued down I managed to get exhaust manifold bolted up aswell

20180904_193114_zpsjwuvgnn1.jpg

fitted my cup spoiler aswell just need to get it painted now looks so much better than standard
20180904_194945_zpsqwf8pch9.jpg

182 BG
got my cam belt kit delivered started setting it up but I ran out of light, got a day planned tomorrow to seal the rocker cover on and try get cambelt on I have everything now so no excuses (self employed and a heavily pregnant wife causes some issues but won't get bogged down by these minor issues)

also picked up this seat and harness for 65 I'm chuffed to bits with it I need to order the low mount and side mounts will be taking the interior out soon aswell to fit my full Msa cage

20180922_131807_zpsowzc6r9g.jpg

once that's done it'll be stored away for the winter or till I can find a kind soul to respray it for me because I want to buy fibreglass boot and bonnet

182 BG
bought a xlow seat mount from John foz it's amazing the difference compared to standard.

today I fitted the seat to try it out and I'm chuffed with it! picking up the r022 safety devices roll cage next Friday so it's coming along nicely now

20180927_152759_zpsbak39vih.jpg

I also have got the engine timed up now just need to fit everything else back on so could be running by the end of this weekend

182 BG
collected my cage from Mark Fish yesterday he's a true gent! perved over a few V6's he had in and the clio race cars

20181006_095849_zpsd00arsnk.jpg

starting to prep the areas tomorrow to weld it in