ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Restore > Road Going Go-Kart

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Only a quick one, acc. pedal has been moved closer to aid my heal-to-toe, Its around 10/15mm closer and has had 3mm of spacers to lift it up, gotta say i should have done this along time ago!

Pedals-1.jpg

Also changed the seating position, Its looooow now :cool:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
*** UP-DATE ***

Only a quick one, acc. pedal has been moved closer to aid my heal-to-toe, Its around 10/15mm closer and has had 3mm of spacers to lift it up, gotta say i should have done this along time ago!

Pedals-1.jpg

Also changed the seating position, Its looooow now :cool:

You don't know how to heel and toe you tart!!;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

As a few know i've gone through a few bonnets the past few weeks, had aero catches on one for a while but with the amount of time on the rollers & tweaking with the car i missed the simple Renault catch ( although yes it has been known to fail epic style lol ) so wanted back to the old ways but not the old weight so Matt at Stealthsport got me one of his latest versions to try out, So trial fitting started in turn to get it ready for paint but as i did i began to like the black on silver effect, so for the time being i've decided to run it just in the gel coat finish, firstly as it saves weight not painting it & i now drive round looking rude boy :rasp:

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01079.jpg

Think some black speedline 2118's would set it off.... we shall see ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

4-2-1 Manifold & adaptor pipe

IMG_0081.jpg

Map needs work to suit, hopefully have that side of things under way in the coming weeks!

Bedford on the 27th Feb, Cracking track & day!

DSC_15491.jpg

DSC_25491.jpg

DSC_11491.jpg

DSC_27431.jpg

Reset the trip computer on the first lap, And the result at the end of the day.................

IMG_0088.jpg

Ouch!

The car will be having alot of changes this year & hopefully alot more track time!

James

JB

RB 182 Cup
Nice mpg and liking the bonnet colour!

What happened to the fibreglass one with aero catches?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Trophy alloys!

DSC01094.jpg

Lost 4 hours of my life & used a c**ktail of lethal cleaners trying to bring them back to glory! may send them away to be re-stored as there still not perfect but they now serve me as daily driver wheels, Speedline 2118's have been ordered so i now have the option to wrap them up in some thing special, shame R888's are so dear now :dapprove:

Before any one asks, Misses has my old turini's....

ph1 track weapon
Man having seen those wheels in person i'm suprised you managed to get them so much cleaner! they looked ruined!

Any more plans for before Llandow?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

The little silver rocket made its way to sunny wales Thursday for the Llandow track day, was having some issues in the morning with getting the right settings with the car but come the afternoon all went really well

DSC01152.jpg

Another track day under its belt!

Ever since my old PH1 track car ( http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=365856 ) i've wanted to get the batterey out of the engine bay & get a nice run for induction side of things....

So a race cell, cage & fixings were bought

DSC01161.jpg

So with some ali sheet, CAF, screws, ducting tape, trumpet & a few other random bits i moved the airbox straight onto the TB & mounted the ecu under the airbox & moved the batterey to under the seat, the result -

DSC01165.jpg

Still needs some finishing touches but the basic idea works for RR testing now to see if the gains are worth the work, Car certainly feels better but it could all be in the mind so wont say any more till its on the rollers ;)

The noise is un-real!

James

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
nice updates, car's looking great at the minute. will be even better when the speedline's arrive!

Ooohh you got on with doing that induction setup sooner than I thought! Looks very good as well, how have you found it going from the previous set up? Bet its loud!

Car was awesome at Llandow also, some great skandinavian flicks ;) Both you and Ollie have made me make my mind up and get the clio sorted and keep it! :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
nice updates, car's looking great at the minute. will be even better when the speedline's arrive!

Cheers! that reminds me, they arrived friday :cool:

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

Just need to decide on some rubber for them now, top choice for price vs performance are good year F1 or Yoka parada spec 2

They look so smart, Gotta love 15" tyre prices, shame the R888 are so dear as i would have a set for the summer

Ooohh you got on with doing that induction setup sooner than I thought! Looks very good as well, how have you found it going from the previous set up? Bet its loud!

Car was awesome at Llandow also, some great skandinavian flicks ;) Both you and Ollie have made me make my mind up and get the clio sorted and keep it! :)

Car pulls really strong, could all be in the mind, the response has improved the most & the noise left me driving through the twistys with the windows down to the misses house, what a sound!

Still needs some tweeks before its near the finished product but thats half the fun of trialing things ;)

Yea the FWD driffting was such great fun.... untill i pushed a little to hard lol, cars still covered in mud lol, but we did get some awesome side ways action, shame i didnt have the go pro on board

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
lol at having to remind you - i wouldn't have let them out my sight from the minute i got them!

Awesome updates!

Prada spec 2's, £150 delivered off ebay for 4. Cant beat em :)

nice price on them prada's ben - good deal that is :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Awesome updates!

Prada spec 2's, £150 delivered off ebay for 4. Cant beat em :)

Cheers, Yea seen those these this morning on ebay, some power seller, Tom really rates the Prada's on his 2118's & they are silly cheap for a full new set of x4, Just wonder how they will run in the wet as i was in Sir_daves little saxo thursday at Llandow an his eagle F1's were ace in the wet & dry

lol at having to remind you - i wouldn't have let them out my sight from the minute i got them!

LOL, think i may be selling the Turini's & using them daily as they do look so smart.... or do i just be a tart and have road & track wheels

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

So the new set-up has over 150 miles of road testing and i must say it does feel so keen to go, So moving on with the finishing touches!

I dropped into SFS this morning to get some pipe work made up as the ebay ducting was far from a tidy finish but it served well as the test part

The new joiner & cold air feed

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

The noise is just insane, so different to the previous set-up, can only put it down to the 102mm cold air feed working the induction noise like an echo, either way, really happy with the out come, just gotta finish the ECU mounting bracket & i'm done & ready for the rollers

ph1 track weapon
what sorta cost were the hoses for that setup? was thinking of doing something like that meself

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Always a top update every time I look in here! Induction is looking good!

I had Eagle F1s on mine all round and they were great, traction in the dry was fantastic but I thought they were lacking a bit in the wet compare to a set of PE2s (although PE2s were 205s) I had on the front. But then my next set of PE2s (195s) haven't felt as good as my F1s. I'm tempted to go back to F1s next time. Not sure how much their prices have gone up but I paid £240 for 4 fitted about 18 months ago.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Fek me u like carbon fibre :p !
what a great read that was
and a really tidy car mate!/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, my love for carbon has been costly lol

Awesome induction setup, that.

Just about as direct as can be!/QUOTE]

Has been on the cards since I tried it on my old PH1 172, Don't think there's any better way you could run the set-up, moving the battery under the seat was the big factor stopping me originally

what sorta cost were the hoses for that setup? was thinking of doing something like that meself/QUOTE]

Depends where you get them from, If we get the results on the rollers i'll be putting a kit together through JMS which would include all the heat shield, pipes & airbox etc, Heat shield is being sent away to be done by a fabrication shop as my version is a little messy to be the finished item ;)

Always a top update every time I look in here! Induction is looking good!

I had Eagle F1s on mine all round and they were great, traction in the dry was fantastic but I thought they were lacking a bit in the wet compare to a set of PE2s (although PE2s were 205s) I had on the front. But then my next set of PE2s (195s) haven't felt as good as my F1s. I'm tempted to go back to F1s next time. Not sure how much their prices have gone up but I paid £240 for 4 fitted about 18 months ago./QUOTE]

Cheers mate! went with the prada spec 2's in the end, shall see how we get on with those through the summer, hopefully get a couple of track days out of them too :cool:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Both you and Ollie have made me make my mind up and get the clio sorted and keep it! :)

Awesome, i was starting to worry that there might be another sexo swarming around on the summer trackdays ;)

Re: tyres, i've got Eagle F1's & they seem to offer some fairly impressive grip. The side walls do seem to wear fairly quickly on track though ...

Airbox & wheels look ace btw :D

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Awesome, i was starting to worry that there might be another sexo swarming around on the summer trackdays ;)

No all you have to worry about is the trio of rather rapid Clio's swarming over YOU.

James' plus a proper map, wheels and tyres = rapid
Nick's plus a gearbox, plus strippage = rapid
Mine plus more light strippage, plus decat, plus A048's and some more camber = :race:;)

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Love the look of that induction set up and im running maxogen!

may fit my maxogen in a similar manner.

always loved this car.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks for the feedback guys, will see what price i can do on all the parts as a package, Will get it up in our traders section as soon as i know :)

Hopefully i'll get the Go-pro on the front bumper tomorrow to get some recordings of the noise the thing now makes!

And Dave, no more spamming my project thread with pictures of your next ebay hunt :rasp: