ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Restore > Road Going Go-Kart

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
s**t the bed mate, those brakes are fooked!

Indeed, Just wasnt expecting any thing like it, complete brake failure @ 125mph+, On the plus side, the brake ducts have worked a treat, been out in the car today and pedle feels fine, no spongy feed back so the brake fluid lives to see another day but it will be getting another flush next week when the new disc + pads arrive

Looks good on the track, shame about the brakes.

Car handled the day ace up till the brake failure, first time i've really used the coilovers to there full, The Fk koni's really are a great bit of kit for the money, well, atleast when i bought them, looking forward to getting back on the track real soon ;)

Overall it was an awesome day, all very well organised/run & a big thanks to djroberts for putting it all together for a great price!

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
So how much petrol did you use matey;)

used over a full tank, have a full garage of folk + pictures for proof, was gonna show you pics at the next staines meet to claim my lovely £10 note, keep it warm for me Ivan ;)

What pads were they?

Standard Renault road pads, really had more power than i needed, Tyres were letting me down more than anything, £55 a corner Conti sports with a 280 wear rating a far from a track tyre but they did do well

James

Mini Clubman
*** UP-DATE ***

New toy arrived in the post for the money pit this morning :D now ever since installing buckets i knew i needed a better steering wheel, I was set on the Cup racer one but after seeing an omp one on Adamio's project thread i decided the OMP was the way forward so walla!

DSC00624-1.jpg

DSC00623-1.jpg

Very happy with it & i think thats a rap for the interior, next on the list -fiberglass pannels :cool:

James

i love this car ever since i went out in it. i want my car to be just like it. love the stearing wheel and seats! these are a must have and mine will be on order very soon!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
i love this car ever since i went out in it. i want my car to be just like it. love the stearing wheel and seats! these are a must have and mine will be on order very soon!

Does go well for a "Clio" :cool: Glad you enjoyed it, shame the weather wasnt the best when you were down, Coilovers in the dry is where the fun begins!

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
your car is looking just awesome james..in my eyes the second best clio in the club..;)see you next week at staines

Cheers geezer, so i take it your mighty PH1 takes first slot lol, hows it going? your coillys arrived yet?

James

corsa ecoflex
no not yet..we have a delivery date for the 30th so hopefully i can get them fitted soon after,its been a long wait so i hope they were worth it:)oh and when i fit them i have full use of a workshop with ramps and a scissor lift and air guns..but i will tell you more about that next week at the meet

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

This weeks new toy, Tomtom 730, old satnav gave up on life while driving round London, not impressed..

Ever since my first satnav i have hated mounting them on the window for that mini-cab look so a new smarter method was needed, better than my previous method which proved a nightmare when in 5th gear

So my brother came up with a smart idea - Mount it on the desk stand in one of the dash board pockets, so with the plan in mind i sat around for half an hour trying to work out the best method of instal that would involve no long term damage if i ever need to remove it all... with it all thought up, work began

First off, remove the upper part of the dash, pull the rubber pocket liner out and send a 20mm holesaw through the back of the dash, low enough that if the rubber lining went back in it would cover the hole

DSC00705.jpg

Next, clean it all up and make a hole for the cable to sit in, also added a pair of M4 screws and bolts so the height could be adjustable

DSC00707.jpg

Now for the 1 day old desk mount to recieve some love, 6mm hole, countersunk

DSC00708.jpg

added a counter sunk 6mm screw, bolt & few washers to clamp it all down with

DSC00711-1.jpg

Shot of the underside

DSC00713-1.jpg

All ready to go back in the car

DSC00710.jpg

With that all complete i managed to find a good route for the power cable straight down to a 12v source, so bolted all the dash back in & did a quick trial fit, the result

DSC00729-1.jpg

DSC00726-1.jpg

No cables, no sucker, no mess ;)

Next job, Remove the old warped brembo discs and instal some new discs, this didnt go to plan, disc bolts were all siezed, not even the impact gun would budge them so out came the HSS drill bits

DSC00730-1.jpg

No damge to the threads, Just needed x4 new disc screws, Glad to have all the vibration gone when braking from anything above 50mph

Also finished up Version 2 of the brake cooling scoops, much smarter, hopefully have them available in our JMS products section soon, along with a complete brake cooling kit :)

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

James

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks for the comments, always good to see what the rest of the public think, overall i'm very happy with the sat-nav mount, Came together really well & still retains a smart out the factory look, well as close as you can get with out cutting & moulding something in place

The brake cooling scoops should hopefully be all finished up very soon, they served all x3 of the JMS cars very well at Snetterton, with not one of us getting brake fade using normal castrol dot4 brake fluid, Going to be using them for a few more weeks just to make sure there are no draw backs for daily road use

James

Absolutely amazing! I'm getting some track day wheels this week so I can do some more! I'll be going to the August bedford I think, but not the next one in July :(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looking great as ever James, but seriously, cant believe you didnt change the brake pads :S, huge schoolboy error, especially after all that work on the ducts lol.

DS2500 + Brembo HC. Done. I assume you already have braided lines & decent dot 4?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looking great as ever James, but seriously, cant believe you didnt change the brake pads :S, huge schoolboy error, especially after all that work on the ducts lol.

DS2500 + Brembo HC. Done. I assume you already have braided lines & decent dot 4?

DS2500 eat £120 brembo max grooved discs, do bare in mind i had more than enough power, no brake fade, Just the pad gave up on life, Braided lines & castrol super dot 4 response are in the system, did over 4 hours of driving with no brake issues at all

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
But how many times did we say you were running them too hot for too long eh?;)
See if you were a bit kinder to them early on they would have survived a bit longer......and then fallen apart on the drive home..:clown:
I think the old girls weren't used to that kind of abuse....they were down to their last 3-4mm. Such pensioner pads shouldn't be treated so harshly!:D

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
DS2500 eat £120 brembo max grooved discs, do bare in mind i had more than enough power, no brake fade, Just the pad gave up on life, Braided lines & castrol super dot 4 response are in the system, did over 4 hours of driving with no brake issues at all

Use the Brembo HC's then, much cheaper & give the same result, 12 laps of the ring in 4 hours + DS2500 + HC + braided lines + castrol dot 4 = no fade; unless your an animal lol. I've also used the ds2500 on both my 106's & my 306, i punished both on track, they were fine ;)

In all honesty though, im really impressed that the standard ones lasted that long, thought the heat would kill them well before that lol!!

More than that, glad you finally got on track, great isnt it :D

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Dont used grooved disc on track then, the plain/HC disc are on par and dont eat pads.

We got 4 /5 track days out of our last set of DS2500s with the plain max brembo disc never ones saw any fade.

carl did manage to cook them at cadwell doing a 45minute session though,

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

I have been meaning to finish of the Induction side of things since playing with the standard PH2 172 box and gaining very minimal power so Nick has kindly let me borrow his old V6 airbox ( thanks again mate ;) ) to carry out some trial testing

So the plan, Take the V6 airbox and an sub box funnel and join them together ( getting it as close to the ITG maxogen as possible design wise for £300 less )

So here's what i had to work with

DSC00913.jpg

Attached the two together with PVC tape so can all be removed easily if needed

At this point i didnt have the camera to hand and didnt log alot of the info but it was a tight litte b**ch in there but got it all in place

DSC00914.jpg

All back together

DSC00772.jpg

The results will be confirmed this week once i got the car in some good driving roads and see how it performs compared to the PH2 airbox

Also raised the car slightly, much prefered, Heres a few pics of when i was down the park last week

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00350-1.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

James

Looking good mate, glad it fits aswell as it looked really tight on Thursday! Does the samco bend fit or would you need to cut it down because I reckon there would be less restriction with a samco also... Get some tests done to see how it fairs!

Nick

BG 182 FF
great work m8, shame bout the brake problems, Think the sat nav install is really neat as well great work, car is looking great.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE *** ( ATLAST )

Well it has been a while since i've up-dated the thread, JMS keeping any free time far in the distance so its only really had general service work carried out.... but it has been used to trial a few new goodies soon to come from JMS and some that have just been released plus it has covered some serious milage over the winter period which is sadly taking its toll on my custom exhaust.. So this year could see the king of rasp system being replaced but we shall see!

So my fav up-grade of the winter - Engine mounts!

DSC01098.jpg

Vibra up-rated of course, What a diffrence to gear change & engine feedback, If installed correctly there is very little extra vibration

Then, As few know, we have started playing with cams

First up for this was an LC-1 kit to keep an eye on the AFR along with Henks Pro VCI

DSC00943.jpg

So after hearing nothing but good things about the Catcam 428's we thought we would give them a go

DSC00945.jpg

Sadly these cost me alot of low down torque losses for daily use, Which for us offering as a road package we decided against. We were advised to try the C&B cams by Henk, which we are currently adding the finishing touches too

C&Bs_4.jpg

So far the gains look very good, Still working on the mapping, which we have driven over to Henk to get the best from them... even spent a night sleeping in the back of the clio!

DSC00960.jpg

DSC00955.jpg

6km's long at near 3am left me smiling like a 16 year old from the exhaust note

DSC00956.jpg

On the rollers

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

Car sadly started to get through coolant just as fast as petrol which has caused delays getting the mapping finished, So we headed back to the UK ready for a top end rebuild but glad to see it was only the lower hose that had a small slit in it, so a new hose was installed and christmas came round which involved me spending 24 hours in the bucket seats driving to France, See the problem was i was going snowboarding for christmas but sadly the same day i planned to leave the euro tunnel shut down due to the weather, when we did finally cross the border the snow was un-real, i was reduced to 30 mph on the motorway - wide tyres + no weight on ice/snow..... not fun... plus the car built up so much ice it ended up with body work as wide as the Vee's ( almost ;) )

IMG_0006-2.jpg

So with that all behind me ( thankfully ) next up was a general body work clean up

Off next door for some TLC + paint

IMG_0042-1.jpg

And the last thing... for now! that most of you know about,

DSC01048.gif

DSC01053.gif

DSC01054.gif

DSC01051.gif

More to come in the next few weeks ;)