ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH2 Restore > Road Going Go-Kart

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Good job on the airbox.

Was planning the same kind of thing when i get a v6 airbox but im going to try and keep it in the standard position.

Wheels are cool too:)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Tyres on

DSC01171.jpg

So with me not using centre caps i needed to clean the hubs up as there now going to be on display

Before :

DSC01173.jpg

After :

DSC01174.jpg

Fitted

DSC01186.jpg

Gone from ET45 > ET37, Sadly the weather didn't allow me to test the tyres but from the drive home they do hold really well in the wet even with them covered in mould releasing fun, Hopefully get them worn in over the weekend and see what they can really do

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
look even better now they're on!

what did you do to clean up the hubs?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Yea they look ace on, So good i've decided to run them daily & on track so the Turini's are off to a better home rather then my garage for many months lol

Hopefully get some good pictures over the weekend if i get a chance!

Sorting the hubs is fairly straight forward, Various wire brushes, get your self an air drill / drill & you'll save your self some time, clean it all up with break cleaner & gave a light coat of grey high temp paint to keep them hopefully looking good for a few months :cool:

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
sounds good! i've got no centre caps on my track wheels now either so i think i'll be doing this too.

Audi TT 3.2
2118's dont have centre caps well mine never did! cars looking great good work!

edit- were did you get your fresh looking wheel bolts from? im in desperate need of some

Golf GTD Mk7

edit- were did you get your fresh looking wheel bolts from? im in desperate need of some

True, but surely ph1 centre caps would fit?

Bolts would have come with the wheels I suspect. Got some exactly the same with my ultraleggeras

Megane RS250
2118s are looking real nice James, its changed quite a bit since I saw it at your workshop, really like it!

200 Gordini
I debating wether to spend the extra £££s and relocate my battery.

Is the coupler 70mm? Fred said the PH2 TB is 73mm but most induction bends are 70mm I/D.

When do you think you'll have it on the rollers? Could you possibly let me know before and after readings?

Last edited:
  e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I debating wether to spend the extra £££s and relocate my battery.

Is the coupler 70mm? Fred said the PH2 TB is 73mm but most induction bends are 70mm I/D.

When do you think you'll have it on the rollers? Could you possibly let me know before and after readings?/QUOTE]

Yep Freds right, the TB is slightly larger but a 70mm pipe will fit fine, more snug fit ;)

Before & after readings for the kit on my car are going to be a tough one as my car has under gone so many changes since its last run at TOTD RR but i have a car coming in on our current JMS set-up that will be having this kit installed so we shall see how it goes :)

2118s are looking real nice James, its changed quite a bit since I saw it at your workshop, really like it!/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, Yea pulled me finger out lol, Have been so busy the past months to really get my car into gear, getting there now but so much left to do!

Hateful heavy wheels. But lovely car./QUOTE]

Less weight than the Turini's, even if it is only half a kilo a corner but they look so smart + tyre prices on 15's was just the way forward :eek:

edit- were did you get your fresh looking wheel bolts from? im in desperate need of some/QUOTE]

New bolts came with the wheels, Renault & speedline centre caps didnt fit, prefer them without to be honest, track **** look :evil: lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

After seeing a post on here a couple of days ago I decided to have a play with a spare standard TB.. I went a little further with this one & re-worked the entire opening to give a smoother run from the airbox.

So heres the modified one next too a standard one

IMG_0115.jpg

As you can see i've removed the step & i've reworked the mouth to more of a trumpet shape to "hopefully" allow improved flow

Standard TB on coupler -

IMG_0116.jpg

Ported TB on coupler -

IMG_0117.jpg

Side by side with the couplers on

IMG_0118.jpg

Other side -

IMG_0119.jpg

Will hopefully have both at the next RR session so can check them back to back to see if there are any benefits, I would imagine there going to only be small gains if any but every little helps ;)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
*** UP-DATE ***

Big thanks to Ady @ N2 Graffix ;)

IMG_0124.jpg

Top service as always!

Was down with Matt from Stealthsport at Castle Combe today testing the newly built Trophy, Would of been rude not to have had some track time while i was there!

DSC01200.jpg

Big thanks to Matt for sorting the day ;)