ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 1 sticky idle

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Hey folks

Not long got my phase 1 and just sorting out a few niggly problems.

Next on my list is the sticky idle. I've read about cleaning the throttle body which I did last night. Went a drive and it's still the same.

Im going to remove it again an possibly strip it down, clean all the individual parts and refit. If that doesn't work what do people do next?

Ive got a new cable on order from Renault which I'm pickin up tomorrow and will fit tomorrow night. Could this be the problem?

Also has anyone completely stripped the throttle body down? If so did it go back together ok?

Cheers

SQ5
Yea I stripped mine down completely and was fine for about 5000, it's starting to stick again.

It's worth replacing the cable.

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
I'll strip it down proper and see what's what. Will also fit the cable tomorrow night. How long does it normally take?

By a new idle valve do you mean a new throttle body? If so how much are these from Renault?

Cheers

SQ5
The unit that says VDO on it is your ICV.

Take it off and spray some WD40 in it and wiggle a flat head screwdriver around

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Where about is it in the bay?ill have a look when I get home but just to make things easier

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Will clean the icv and replace the cable and hopefully that'll be it sorted,

Anyone know a timescale for fitting it? And how difficult?

Greg.w

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
All sorted.

I fitted the new cable (which is very easy btw) and my idles perfect :)

Thanks for the help :)