ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phase 2 172 2002 5k?

Ph1 172
Just a little help saw a phase 2 172 at a 2nd hand car dealer today. Had some yellow decals along the doors around the moldings. Anyway was up for 5k. My question is what makes this worth 5k? Does the decals make this a 'special edition' or something?

1. It's not a special edition, some chimp has probably stuck some decals on it at some point in its life.
2. It is not worth 5k

Ph1 172
Some place over in havant Portsmouth. Station autos or something will see if a can find a link.

Stagecoach Ticket
Only way it might be worth 5k is if it was in a rare colour full spec 100% Reno service history and coverd 1000miles from new other than that its massively over priced

Will proberly be the yellow flag ebay special stickers that say renault cup or renault sport on them cost about £10 to add to your car proberly de value it be £300

Stagecoach Ticket
FLOL!!!!!

Thats a joke of a sales pitch and its not a cup + has been modded over the years must be worth 3.5k tops

Ph1 172
Just phoned the garage up, asked if he had history on a cambelt change:
Dealer "no mate doesn't need one yet another 50k before it needs doing"
Me " oh that's good news then "
Dealer " been tastefully modded with window tints and rear speakers in the parcel shelf "
Me " nice "
Dealer " wouldn't look out of place in a collectors garage "

going for a test drive tomorrow just coz I got the morning off and have nothing better to do lol Wonder what the salesman is gonna think when i turn up in my ph1 !

Just phoned the garage up, asked if he had history on a cambelt change:
Dealer "no mate doesn't need one yet another 50k before it needs doing"
Me " oh that's good news then "
Dealer " been tastefully modded with window tints and rear speakers in the parcel shelf "
Me " nice "
Dealer " wouldn't look out of place in a collectors garage "

going for a test drive tomorrow just coz I got the morning off and have nothing better to do lol Wonder what the salesman is gonna think when i turn up in my ph1 !

Here comes someone to completely waste my time?

Ph1 172
not far from the truth either lol also will be nice to see if a ph2 drive any different to my ph1.

Here comes someone to completely waste my time?

Guess he's returning the favour of the shady dealer. Tasteful mods of tints and no doubt 6x9's cut into the rear shelf and wouldn't look out of place in a collectors garage?!!! what a f**king clownshoe.

Lol. True. But on the plus side those things are easily fixed so might be worth it if you can get it for cheap. So basically half the advertised price.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Oh my god this a tiny bit of me that likes the stickers :eek:

So if a 22k car is worth 5k, whats my 39k one worth? 4,500? ;)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
That is not worth 5k. I brought my immaculate cup 2 years ago for less. And I would put money on that it hasn't had the cambelt changed.
Bah! Bought!!! The past tense of 'buy' is bought. The past tense of 'bring' is brought :mad:

anyway, that car is no where near £5k. If its in good condition I'd say £2.5k max if theres no service history or proof of belts being done..

S'trollin on size 7s
"IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE BEST 172 ON THE MARKET THEN THIS WITH OUT A DOUBT IS THE ONE!!!!."
LOL
what a moron

and.. tbf that typin brought instead of bought thing really fuks me off too .lol seen as never in my life have i ever heard anyone say they brought it, why type it like that!?

Suzuki Jimny
LOL at full clio sport graphics and it being a cup.

Also it hasn't had a belt change. In 8 years.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
People who write brought instead of bought is a definite pet hate, you should see the abuse that some bloke who came into my shop got when he told me he had just brought a Subaru :mad:

S'trollin on size 7s
People who write brought instead of bought is a definite pet hate, you should see the abuse that some bloke who came into my shop got when he told me he had just brought a Subaru :mad:

yea it is a puuurrreee pet hate for me. i once set up a whole new thread on the matter on 106owners website once.lol twas a good rant

Westy. MX5
I'm going to put stickers on my car and up the value to £5k, sounds like a good investment to me. How about "Old Geezer Motor" or "Racy Clio" on a yellow background, should contrast well with the blue paint.