ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PhaseII Sub Frame photos or measurements please!

RSC 182 Cup
I was wondering if anyone has access to a new or near new PhaseII subframe? I desperately need a photo or measurements of the diameter of the rear most suspension lower arm (wishbone) bolt hole on each side. Basically I need to know (if when brand new) the rear most hole is 15mm diameter compared to the remaining three on each side that are 12mm.

It's in relation to this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=368939 and Renault's dubious response to what might be a serious wear issue.

53 Clio's & counting
i wish i could mate but i cant :( though i will hopefully hget some pics of mine this weekend, will be interesting to see as mines done 123,000 miles now

RSC 182 Cup
I found out there's one in Australia, but it's sitting in a Renault warehouse somewhere in Melbourne which is 800km from where I live.

They also want AUS$1900 for it - a brand new 182 Cup (luxury model with all the fruit) was AUS$34000 new.... :mad:

RSC 182 Cup
Surely renault should have the bloody measurements?!?!?!

They are simply claiming mine is "normal" at 15mm. So I guess you could could interpret that they are saying it is 15mm, but they haven't actually come straight out and given a definitive answer. In fact the dealer said they skirted around giving a measurement with an explanation of why the hole is made larger on the production line.

Given the problem I'm a bit dubious just accepting their answer that 15mm is normal. They could simply be looking at it from the point of view that admitting any are worn would mean warranty claims/ a possible recall when the subframe probably would never actually have a total failure from the wear. Risk analysis. ;)

In the mean time some RSC handling problems and knocking in the suspension are quite likely related to this wear (as has been shown in the other thread on ClioSport and on Oz RenaultSport.)