ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone Battery Life

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Is it me or do phone manufacturers seem to spend all their time focusing on new phones with the latest must have feature, yet neglect to invest any time/money into battery development?
Im a medium/heavy phone user at work, making at least 10 - 15 long calls every day, and usually receiving 40 - 50 text alerts a night as part of our oncall alerting system, and the only phone Ive ever owned that lasted more than a day (and quite a lot more at that) was my P990i.
Ive had every windows mobile phone going, and they are all really bad for battery, and a few Nokias to boot too, including an N80 which was shocking....

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
seems to be the bigger the screen the less battery life i get

I can understand the reasoning behind it, i.e a bigger screen uses more juice, but whats the point of a massive screen if you can only watch a video or similar for an hour before you need to charge it?

A4 Avant
When I bought my phone this time, the first thing I looked for was decent battery life after suffering with an O2 XDA IIi and then Nokia N80. The XDA did everything but battery barely lasted 2 days with light usage. The N80 was woeful as well. It wouldn't last a weekend without having to be charged and constantly crashed. My SE K850i lasts 4 - 5 days now.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
The battery on my phone is absolutley gash lasts about 2 days tops!! :( and thats from new too

Nokia 8310 ftw!!!

The battery in mine will last about 6 days, with about 20 texts a day and maybe a few short phone calls lol.

MY10 R35 GTR
yep, the batteries have not improved in life. All they done is instead of the old charge for 20hrs when new its now 3hrs or somit. The first sony walkman fone the white and orange was the best ive had. Easily 5-6 days of life being used alot.

It is possible to buy higher capacity batteries for some phones.

An old Samsung I had was rubbish, and had a 700mAh battery, but a higher model used a 900mAh battery and it added about 2 days life onto the phone.

I wish they still did phones like the 6310i etc. I'd rather have 6-7 days battery time than all this music, videos etc.

MY10 R35 GTR
It is possible to buy higher capacity batteries for some phones.

An old Samsung I had was rubbish, and had a 700mAh battery, but a higher model used a 900mAh battery and it added about 2 days life onto the phone.

I wish they still did phones like the 6310i etc. I'd rather have 6-7 days battery time than all this music, videos etc.

yep im with you on that

1998 BMW e46 323i
My n95 is poor, better now than it was, but still poor with the screen brightness turned right down. I do use the wifi, camera and 3g functions a lot though, so can't really expect miracles.

My work mobile, a dashing Nokia 2600 is immense. The battery lasts a week easily, and it's about 2 years old now, obviously it's only 2g and only used for text and calls.