ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phone Scam 'Your Computer Has Lots Of Virus'

Evo 6, E92 320d
Just got off the phone from an indian chap who got more irate as he realised I was aware of his scam from the off. Basically he phoned telling me he was calling from my 'provider' saying my internet protocal had told them my pc was full of virus'. Right...
Asked him who my provider was, he couldn't answer and replyed with 'our technician is microsoft certified and only a trained technician can sort it'.
He kept trying to get me to turn on my pc to 'show me the problems', bullshit, so I told him my antivirus was working fine and I have had no errors or slowing down and that I would see my local pc repair shop in this instance. At this point he got louder saying telling me that this problem would be fatal long term and to not call them in the future, I hung up before he could finish.
Any you guys had similar, seems to be plenty of stories on the goog.

Bus w**ker
Yeah some guy at my place came asking me last week if Microsoft ever rang you to inform you that your computer was infected. :rolleyes:

They got him to type something, he can't remember what, at a CMD prompt to show all the "infected" files and kindly offered to charge him £175+VAT to remove them for him "over the phone". He told them he'd consider it and they gave him a number in Bradford to call back. Sadly some people must be falling for this s**t or they wouldn't be wasting their time.