ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photo Printers, whats good?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Whats everyone using?

I'm going to be doing a mobile studio in markets and shopping centres etc
selling prints of peoples kids & dogs or whatever and I need a high quality
inkjet that can print a good A4 in about a minute.

Ive tried researching but there are a million printers out there all saying
there the best and i'm losing the will to live!

Got up to £150 to spend what can you recomend?

350Z GT
Have got an Epson Photo PX650, only £80-90 if you hunt around. Has Printing, Scanning & Copying and reads from Memory Cards
Have been using the 3rd party cartridges from eBay, works out about £4 for a set and still looks as good as the Epson inks.

Oil Burner
I doubt you will get a decent printer for that budget. Perhaps 3-400 is closer. But it depends how much this printer will be part of your business. A lot of professional event printers use dye sub printers as the prints are tougher and last longer. Also bare in mind that some people may want borderless prints, so a printer that can do a4+ might be required.

One of my customers has told me (when i looked at printers) that the best thing about his Epson was the at your place of work service/repair they offer.

Be warned that Printers break alot, but Kodak would be at the top of that list in my experience, although the ink is cheap when you can find it.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the feedback, ive got a few to research now.
All the prints will be going in card mounts or A4 frames, there only gonna be £5 instant jobbies so super high quality
isn't needed just something that looks good to the untrained eye.

I had a studio doing family portraits, selling high quality prints in nice frames but I had to close through lack of business,
I was doing ok till this summer when the customers just seemed to vanish, no matter how much I advertised.

So i'm onto the next thing now, budget prints for poor people lol.

cheaper off getting prints from DS colour labs

mobile would require power source remember.

probably one of the canon printers would be a good choice although the epson P50 claims to be able to produce better than lab quality prints