ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Chat and Questions Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Do you mean like the images that I have put in a red square there @Geddes? Thats just a preview of the images you upload if you put up more than one at a time.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    752.7 KB · Views: 42

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Do you mean like the images that I have put in a red square there @Geddes? Thats just a preview of the images you upload if you put up more than one at a time.
yeah that's it Aaron, can't seem to figure it out. I know how to put pics into Albums.

Lets say i want to post up another Fulling Mill picture with a different angle and want it with the other pic so it's not by itself.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Went to the North Wales photography association inter club competition today.
Our camera club had entries, as did 18 other clubs in North Wales.

This is the winning colour print (not from our club)
d683694c0fcd106b31f738f7cca751b0.jpg

Now to me, that isn't photography. It's photoshop. Digital art.
There was no theme for this competition and last year, there were a lot of entries in the digital art section,some were very poor, some were quite good. Either way, they aren't photographs and, imo, shouldn't be in a photography competition.

Thoughts?

This won the mono print.
1e55d682b0fea892d152c68329c6fd14.jpg

I didn't get a shot of the digital entries but the winner of that was another 100% photoshop image. Not one part of it was taken from a photograph. It was more like a frame from a children's animation.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
yeah that's it Aaron, can't seem to figure it out. I know how to put pics into Albums.

Lets say i want to post up another Fulling Mill picture with a different angle and want it with the other pic so it's not by itself.

It does it for you. You just need to upload them at the same time.

Other than that, I don't think you can order them differently. I think they are ordered by upload.
If you want the pictures to be together then you'll either have to make sure they are uploaded together or just have them in albums.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I think it's a joke Aaron, that's not Photography at all. Very very little on photoshop like contrast and stuff like that should be allowed but heavy shouldn't be allowed. I think you should play war with them and get some new rules in place

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
On chocolate eggs ? Probably.

On camera gear ? Who knows. What do you want.....?

Whould be nice on chocolate, a choc flavoured DSLR with goodies inside like you get in an egg lol.

I've only got one tripod and that's the Hama Traveller Compact Pro costed me £25 and it's ideal for traveling and i wouldn't mind a Manfrotto one this time. After looking at their site and on Youtube it's looks like a top brand to get and very well made. Been looking at the 055 http://www.manfrotto.co.uk/055-aluminum-tripod-kit-3-section-ball-head seem them go for £169.

One thing to ask, what do you lot use when it's raining and you have to take a shot and it's pissing it down what do you cover the camera with, was mentioned to get a shower cap from the supermarket? tempting but i know you can get a proper cover for them or just a carrier bag. But it's got to pro looking lol.

Sold my 2011 50,000 shots 550D to a bloke in London yesterday for 190 quid. He checked it all over, gave me the cash and off we went. Ten minutes later he called me to moan that it wasn't like new and he wanted more money off the price! Not happening!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Sold my 2011 50,000 shots 550D to a bloke in London yesterday for 190 quid. He checked it all over, gave me the cash and off we went. Ten minutes later he called me to moan that it wasn't like new and he wanted more money off the price! Not happening!

I'm looking at selling my 500D very shortly and been looking at rough prices and your price seems a decent price, depends on what condition its in and what comes with it too. if he looked at it in his own hands and walked away sounds like someone else told him to complain try get more money out if you.

Yep that was my thought too. Sure he was trying to get more money out of me just to sell it on for a bigger profit. Shame really as I had it for 4 years and travelled the world enjoying taking photos with it. ☺

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yep that was my thought too. Sure he was trying to get more money out of me just to sell it on for a bigger profit. Shame really as I had it for 4 years and travelled the world enjoying taking photos with it. ☺

My 500D has about 7,000 shots and hardly been used so hoping mine would get a good offer. As you say sounds like what he's doing. London prices are higher down there. It's a shame when you take pride on something you've owned and someone is taking advantage of it. If this is what happening any way.
Did you get a newer model camera like?

My thoughts too, but I'm moving on and banking the cash haha.
My wife has a 600D and after realising we rarely if ever used both cameras at the same time, we decided to sell up the older one and duplicate lenses too. A nice 350 quid towards future trips or photo gear.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm off to Liverpool and Manchester for one and a half days for a night show in the next week. I'll be taking my camera, where do you recommend to go for pics if I've got a spare couple hours?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Down the docks in Liverpool. Some good long exposure shots to be had there.
Maybe the Printworks in Manchester? I've not been to Manchester for night photography so I'm not 100% on there.
As for daytime shots, they are both very good cities with some incredible architecture so you shouldn't have too much trouble I imagine.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've got no idea where in Liverpool and Manchester were going to, so i thought and get some suggestions from here and get some ideas, i would of thought we might have some free time to our selves but were getting down there by bus so pretty restricted like. I'll be defo be going down the docks sounds really good like if get the chance.

So best of taking the tripod like Aaron?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely take the tripod. You can walk across Liverpool in 15 minutes. Its a really small city.
Maybe go up the Anglican cathedral, just by china town. Some cracking views over the city and towards North Wales. Also the radio city tower too. Think they are both around a fiver each.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Definitely take the tripod. You can walk across Liverpool in 15 minutes. Its a really small city.
Maybe go up the Anglican cathedral, just by china town. Some cracking views over the city and towards North Wales. Also the radio city tower too. Think they are both around a fiver each.
fucken hell that small, i'm of to see Mrs Brown Boys with my brother in law and nephew my sister couldn't go I'm taking her place. Leave on Friday morning and show is on Friday night and leave on Saturday so should have a few hours free. I'll write these places down and see how things go.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
On Flickr i've got my License on "None All Rights Reserved" is this the standard one to have on? Just wondering about people downloading images of there. Will that cover this from happening? Who can access your original files, i've got his setting set for me only. No idea what the other Licenses do

I have the same settings on Flickr. I sometimes get messages from people asking to use my images for various things but I'm equally sure that lots of people nick them without asking. Doesn't bother me too much to be honest.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I have the same settings on Flickr. I sometimes get messages from people asking to use my images for various things but I'm equally sure that lots of people nick them without asking. Doesn't bother me too much to be honest.
I'm not sure what to think at the minute, some say even though you put a water mark on your pics it's very easy to erase it and even a low res picture they can get round that too.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Got my camera all packed up and both batteries charged up and kit lens 18-55mm and a 50mm 1.8. Not sure what to put on the 500D first i did have the 50mm but it's like 70 odd mm so be hard to use it round town i think? So put the 18-55mm on and change to 50mm if i see the right shot and plenty of distance to work with. It's one of these bus trips so i'm hoping to get some good shots but it will be all go i think. But we shall see and looking forward to see Liverpool and not so much Manchester. mmmm Liverpool lasses got to love the accent

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Evening everyone ... I currently have a Nikon D3000 but have the opportunity to buy a D5100. After a little bit of Google-ing it seems like a nice little upgrade with a few minor differences.

Is it wise to make the change or is there really not that much difference to warrant changing?

Thanks in advance!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
If it was me, i'd stick to what you got. Just get some decent lenses on it that's if your still using the kit lens and their not the best but will get you going. Way down the line get a full frame budget one. Bigger sensor = more light getting in = better colour shots if if got this right lol.

I'm um and ah ing getting a newer camera too i got a 500D and was looking at getting the newer version of mine like the 750D/760D but lost interest mines pretty good and doing really well. So i'm keeping it for another year or less and getting a possible 6D mk11 if it comes out this year.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I went to Liverpool and Manchester over the weekend and honestly i had no time at all to take pics properly. Was rushing about everywhere and i'd like to go back to Liverpool cos it was a nice place far better than Machester. I did take some very quick point and shoot pics, i have to admit their not that great but here we go. I was trying to have a go at street photography a little for the first time too.
BBC Radio.jpg
IMG_6380-copy_edited-1.jpg
IMG_6387-copy_edited-1.jpg
Liverpool Docks.jpg
Shop Fix.jpg
Street with a View.jpg
The Soilder.jpg

Also there was loads of oputunitiers to take some fantastic shots of the building i had a few ideas in my head that would look really good but didn't have time and didn't take my tripod either wasn't ideal on the visit i had

Last edited:
  Cayman S Edition 1
In talks with one of the models I've worked with a few times about doing an implied nude artistic shoot.

It's been 8 months since I jacked it all in, so kinda looking forward to creating something new.

I finally got round to having some framed, 2 are going up in a coffee shop today and the other 3 are off to an exhibition in may.
Going to give setting up a website next week too., so any advice on that would be great.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I finally got round to having some framed, 2 are going up in a coffee shop today and the other 3 are off to an exhibition in may.
Going to give setting up a website next week too., so any advice on that would be great.

Spot on that, congrats on getting some pics in shops and exhibition too. Setting up a website is a very good idea, i'd rather set up a website and put my pics up on there than putting them on Flickr i think, I'd like to set up a website too but i think it's way too early or can you set one up at any stage of learning?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Seaweed Valley.jpg
This is another possibility I'm taking it to class as a Small Landscape Picture. It's called Seaweed Valley but after looking at home as yet i had problems getting the autofocus focused at the thirds had to put it in Manual and focused near the middle, so thoughts?

I was quit struggling with the 50mm as i knew with my eyes what i wanted but couldn't get it in the viewfinder so put on the 18-55 which helped a little

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'll look at getting the updated lightroom tomorrow I think.
Panoramic stitching, HDR and a few other things from what I've seen. A bit more of an update than from 4-5.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I am using it, its much quicker however the pano isn't to great compared to autopano.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Autopano giga 3.0 is superb, I use it for pano portraits. AKA The Brenizer Method.

I would agree photoshop is rubbish for pano.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
The only pano software I've used in Microsoft ICE.
I tried photoshop but its terrible imo.
Microsoft ICE is my favourite pano software. It works very well. It can handle RAW files and save the stitched pics in .psd format. I like it.