ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Chat and Questions Thread

Haha probably a decent idea to be fair.
I'm the opposite, posting on the Photography section and at a guess I've taken 8, maybe 10 photos in the past 2 months!

Just a heads up.. This is my new acc, (old acc Šįk) since the new forum update my old account has gone tits up somehow so just re-joined.

Cheers, Piers.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else having trouble with Flickr this morning? - Loads of my photo's are appearing (or not) like this...
Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 09.19.32.png
Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 09.19.25.png

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is it possible to do time lapse with a 500D? What equipment do I need and software? Never done this before

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
how do i stop my 500d from taking nearly every photograph with a yellow hue?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Have you got a custom mode on? In the scenes menu.
You can have custom values set to 3 scenes I think as well as your portrait, landscape, black and white etc.
Maybe one of those is set. Try it on standard or landscape and see if It changes.
Or it could be white balance being wrong? Try auto incase it's been set to custom.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Have you got a custom mode on? In the scenes menu.
You can have custom values set to 3 scenes I think as well as your portrait, landscape, black and white etc.
Maybe one of those is set. Try it on standard or landscape and see if It changes.
Or it could be white balance being wrong? Try auto incase it's been set to custom.
i've gone throught all of the picture style settings and the only one that doesnt come out like it is the black and white which is to be expected

https://flic.kr/p/q4MWsx

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
i've gone throught all of the picture style settings and the only one that doesnt come out like it is the black and white which is to be expected

https://flic.kr/p/q4MWsx

White balance is on manual.... change that to auto for a start.
Looking at your other two photos, it's on 5200 which is why it's all red !

Also, not sure quite what mode you're shooting in (Av, Tv or M) . I think Av (?) but, whatever it is .. put it in Av, put the ISO to Auto and put the shutter speed to the lowest it'll go. Looks like a 50mm, so that'll be f/1.8 .. if you're stuck at ISO3200, it's no wonder the thing's shooting at 1/1600 when it's quite light there.

Highly suggest reading the stickies on here as without wishing to be rude, but I think you're trying to fly before you've figured out walking ;)

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
White balance is on manual.... change that to auto for a start.
Looking at your other two photos, it's on 5200 which is why it's all red !

Also, not sure quite what mode you're shooting in (Av, Tv or M) . I think Av (?) but, whatever it is .. put it in Av, put the ISO to Auto and put the shutter speed to the lowest it'll go. Looks like a 50mm, so that'll be f/1.8 .. if you're stuck at ISO3200, it's no wonder the thing's shooting at 1/1600 when it's quite light there.

Highly suggest reading the stickies on here as without wishing to be rude, but I think you're trying to fly before you've figured out walking :wink:

My apologies for this, its the first time i've picked up a dslr, even though im quite young i was using film until about 2 years ago and havent picked a camera up since

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
My apologies for this, its the first time i've picked up a dslr, even though im quite young i was using film until about 2 years ago and havent picked a camera up since

Don't apologise ! Took me years to get to grips with DSLRs .. I still haven't got a clue now haha !!

Do what I said and see if you get a 'normal' photo.. then go from there. Also, make sure the camera is on auto focus as all three of your shots are pretty fuzzy ;)

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Don't apologise ! Took me years to get to grips with DSLRs .. I still haven't got a clue now haha !!

Do what I said and see if you get a 'normal' photo.. then go from there. Also, make sure the camera is on auto focus as all three of your shots are pretty fuzzy :wink:
too much technology aha, i started out with a medium format and a canon f1 whilst doing my gcse and just used my phones since, thought i better get with the times :wink:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Grey Imports. Where do you guys stand?
Has anyone got their camera/lenses through ebay shops/China/HK etc?

Looking at getting a Canon 6d with lens and can find them fairly cheap online. Not sure if i'd rather spend more though to get the warranty etc or just go online and get a deal.
The wife is looking at a 6d too plus a couple of sigma lenses and there is almost £500 difference between online and a local shop.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Camera is turning up today. Unfortunately, I didn't think it would be as quickly as it has been so I got it sent to the wife's work as I can't get anything sent to mine.
Turn out it only takes from 10pm Monday evening to close of business today to turn up from Hong Kong!
The wife is bloody working down south all week and isn't back in the office until Monday which is a bit s**t. I'm hoping she can phone them today and tell them I'll try to nip in for it tomorrow. Don't want to have to wait until Monday.

Italian 3.2 V6
Lol Sod's law that pal! Hope you get it ASAP. I'd be spewing if that was me. Suprised how quick it's arrived though.. Impressed tbh.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I got the wife to phone the office and someone had signed for it at 09.52 this morning. Not bad going since I put the order in at 22.30 ish on Monday night.
Went to pick it up after work and got straight home to put batteries on charge. I didn't realise she left her charger here so I could have had a full charged battery waiting.
Had a quick play, seems really nice. Massive difference from the 550d in terms of layout but I imagine I'll get used to it pretty quick.
Just need the weather to stop being so s**t.

e6059f29e185c26039b56357e7e97485.jpg

Very quiet on this thread recently!
I have a bit of a dilemma with camera gear.
I have a Canon 550D, my wife a 600D.
It seems like my camera just sits in it's bag in the cupboard with 2 lenses next to it most of the time.
I've had it since 2011, travelled the world with it and become a bit attached, but now it hardly ever gets used.
We both take a lot of photos, but very rarely are we both shooting at the same time (or in different places on the same day) so we just use her 600D.

My 550D has about 50k actuations and is a bit rough around the edges, the odd scratch and the rubber trim is a bit loose in places, but still works fine.
The kit lens and 55-250 are both fairly new lenses and lightly used.

I'm wondering if I'm now just keeping it for sentimental reasons and actually it'd be worth getting a few quid for it and just sharing with the wife! Thoughts?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The whole photo section is very quiet, but saying that, the majority of the forum is too (or the parts I frequent anyway)

My 550d is well used and very well worn. Scratches on the screen and body etc. I'm in a similar situation as to get rid or not. I've a 55-250 and a Sigma 10-20 for it that don't work on my 6d. I was thinking of keeping it for a back up/second camera but in all honesty, I'm not sure how much use I'd actually get from it.
The thing is, I think I'd be lucky to get £500 for the lot. The bodies don't seem to fetch much, the zoom probably £80 and possibly £250 for the sigma. I might get a better deal if I use them in part ex but I'm not too sure.

If I were you, I'd keep hold of it unless you are really needing the money. I don't think me and the wife could share a camera.

Got to agree that the photography section is very quiet these days which is a shame. Good to see a few posting regularly in recent weeks though.

I'm not desperate for cash and it would be a shame just to get rid and not have the option of my own camera I think.

Italian 3.2 V6
Keep it Ben, hopefully soon you'll have the urge to use it a lot more. Sometimes the photography mojo can be hit & miss and I think it's the latter at the mo ;) but itl come back!

Aaron I think you should sell yours though.. It's £500 towards a nice tidy L series lens!

Hopefully the forum picks up abit!

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
Question, what sort of settings should I use for autosport show at the NEC Birmingham tomorrow, I have a canon 1100d and I'm a bit of an amateur.

Thanks in advance

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Aperture priority and auto iso.
All depends on the light. If it's fairly light there then maybe f8. If it's dark, then as low as you can get it - f3.5/4?

I think I've rediscovered my photo mojo, Piers hence thinking about the camera for the first time in months. Think I'll sell the 55 250 as it seems pointless us both having the same lens, but will keep the body and kit lens.

Is Talk Photography still the best place to sell lenses these days?

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
Aperture priority and auto iso.
All depends on the light. If it's fairly light there then maybe f8. If it's dark, then as low as you can get it - f3.5/4?

Trailed this today when walking round, not sure what I was doing wrong but I took about 200 blurry photos cause the camera was setting the shutter closed for between half a second and about 8 seconds, couldn't keep my hand Steady